Just wondering if it's better than the berry browser or if there is a specific browser that someone LOVES... Anyone have any feedback?????? Thanks!
    11-06-08 02:38 PM
    I waited to download miniopera and I wish I hadn't- I love it- it is "prettier" than the default browser. I just wish I could make it my default browser.
    11-06-08 02:42 PM
    I like pretty things... Maybe it's for me!
    11-06-08 02:44 PM
    There are only certain web sites I use it for. Overall, the BB browsing experience still leaves a lot to be desired. Most of the time the BB browser is good enough for my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 02:45 PM
    11-06-08 02:48 PM
    For some sites its great, inability to make it the default I find a drawback as well as all the clicking required for info input makes it cumbersome and clunky I found.
    11-06-08 02:50 PM
    I love you guys. You make my life so much easier... I wish there was a crackberry forum for my life and it had all the answers.
    11-06-08 03:20 PM
    I love you guys. You make my life so much easier... I wish there was a crackberry forum for my life and it had all the answers.
    lol thats scary!
    11-06-08 03:36 PM
    I prefer the BlackBerry borwser in 4.5. I still have operamini on my phone, but I never use it. I should probably get around to deleting it.
    11-06-08 03:45 PM
    I have adjusted to the BlackBerry browser after using Opera Mini for ages on Windows Mobile.

The only thing that I use Opera Mini for is when I want to browse a page in full view without things being jumbled up. There are a few sites like this for me and the BlackBerry browser's page view is just too slow.

Those of you that think Opera Mini is slow, btw, should change the transport protocol from Socket to HTTP in the app's settings... makes a HUGE difference in speed.
    11-06-08 04:12 PM
    I have adjusted to the BlackBerry browser after using Opera Mini for ages on Windows Mobile.

The only thing that I use Opera Mini for is when I want to browse a page in full view without things being jumbled up. There are a few sites like this for me and the BlackBerry browser's page view is just too slow.

Those of you that think Opera Mini is slow, btw, should change the transport protocol from Socket to HTTP in the app's settings... makes a HUGE difference in speed.
    Thanks, I just tried that
    11-06-08 07:57 PM
    Yeah it doesn't fix the scrolling slowdown (you can use the 4, 2, 6, and 8 keys to speed up searching, then use the trackball to navigate to what you want to click on) but using HTTP instead of Socket transport seems to be a lot faster - I imagine that Socket sends it through RIM's servers but I am not 100% on that yet.
    11-06-08 08:47 PM
    I like it for certain websites...mainly sites that BB Browser won't open...it would be even more if I could only figure out how to zoom back out. Anyone care to help me out with that??

11-06-08 08:56 PM
    I only use it when sites on my berrys browser is blocked because I'm on bes. I was really mad when I first encountered this but quickly got over it. Also I don't like the fact that I have to constantly zoom in. Is there something that I'm missing on that? I would probably use it much more if it weren't for that little nag.

11-06-08 09:47 PM
    I use both. I have found that certain sites work better on each.

Everyone is different and have their own opinions. I would suggest trying it for a few weeks and then formulate your own opinion!

11-06-08 10:18 PM
    I only use it when sites on my berrys browser is blocked because I'm on bes. I was really mad when I first encountered this but quickly got over it. Also I don't like the fact that I have to constantly zoom in. Is there something that I'm missing on that? I would probably use it much more if it weren't for that little nag.

Go into settings and turn it on mobile mode.
    11-07-08 02:14 AM
    I didn't like it, is a bit complicated. Personal opinion.
    11-07-08 02:25 AM
    Oh and to zoom back out when you're zoomed in, press the number 5.

You can also get a list of shortcuts in the help menu.
    11-07-08 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD