Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trucky
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to mass delete all contacts in an old curve?

Alright i was able to do the transfer quite easliy from one curve to the other via DM.

but now, how do i delete all of my old contacts so i can send the phone back?

thanks
    Thanked by:
    Karnail Singh (11-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    t low

Options > Security Options > General Settings > Menu > Wipe Handheld.

This will clear it the BB of all personal information on the device, including calendar, messages, contacts, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter
    A great resource for Crackheads:
    Official RIM Support Forums
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

awesome thank you!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was a new BB user last year and I just switched ot the bold so I needed to do this today since I am giving my curve to someone. I love the fact that I can come here and always get the perfect answer!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    If you ask nicely ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by angieinindy71 View Post
    I was a new BB user last year and I just switched ot the bold so I needed to do this today since I am giving my curve to someone. I love the fact that I can come here and always get the perfect answer!
    I know, in my opinion this site is the best on the net for BB owners. Answers to questions in most cases are surprisingly quick and there is sooooo much information under Newbies. It is so awesome! I practically live here....LOL

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    208E5210

I just have to say that this forum, and all of CB.com, ROCKS!!! I just got my BB mid-December and found this place and it has been an invaluable source of info for me. Everyone here is a great help! I have not had to post a single question yet. I have found the answers to every single question with just a simple search and now I cruise around looking for questions others have that I can help with 'cause I'm addicted now and practically live here too. (deep breath) now I think it's time for a beer!

CrackBerry Newbie

Here's a question for your geniuses: Is there a way to ONLY delete all of your contacts (but leave the calendar, and all of your other data)? I had a minor GoogleSync fiasco, and I want to start from scratch on the phone.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    208E5210

Cool

Connect to your Desktop Manager.
    Go to Backup and Restore.
    Click on Advanced.
    That takes you to two boxes: Computer databases and Device databases.
    in the Device database box, highlight address book and click on "Clear". This will eliminate all contacts on your device, and only your device. Might also have to clear Address Book - All. I can't remember, I haven't done this in awhile.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me!
    Thanked by 2:
    Fruit_bat (08-08-2011),  habanany (01-03-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BadBob View Post
    Connect to your Desktop Manager.
    Go to Backup and Restore.
    Click on Advanced.
    That takes you to two boxes: Computer databases and Device databases.
    in the Device database box, highlight address book and click on "Clear". This will eliminate all contacts on your device, and only your device. Might also have to clear Address Book - All. I can't remember, I haven't done this in awhile.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
    You are the best.

Kind Regards,
    Anwar
    CrackBerry User

when I click on Security Options and the General Settings and then hit the menu button, nothing comes up other than "close" at the bottom of the screen.

Am I doing something wrong?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,319 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

Quote Originally Posted by b-rose View Post
    Here's a question for your geniuses: Is there a way to ONLY delete all of your contacts (but leave the calendar, and all of your other data)? I had a minor GoogleSync fiasco, and I want to start from scratch on the phone.

Thanks!
    You can delete just your contacts without Desktop Manager by opening your contacts, going to the Options menu and typing rset. This will bring up a confirmation menu, asking if you really want to delete.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanked by:
    thespudman_one (09-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Best answer ever in a forum, I created an account in this forum just to praise this guy for his answer.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I totally agree!... Truckys answer was exactly what I had been looking for. Amazing how many 'hidden' features the Blackberry has...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

Excellent info. Thank you my friend, I've had doubled up contacts for a few days and my OCD was kickin bad! Thank you, this fixed it in 35 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    You can delete just your contacts without Desktop Manager by opening your contacts, going to the Options menu and typing rset. This will bring up a confirmation menu, asking if you really want to delete.
    CrackBerry Newbie

You guys are real lifesavers!

I got all my contacts onto my Curve 8520 on Wednesday 09/02/2011 using an old PC laptop syncing with Outlook.

Installed Blackberry Desktop on my mac and did a sync -- bad move! the mac software crashed mid-sync and wiped all my contacts from my BlackBerry and replaced them with my mac's address book which only had e-mail addresses and very few phone numbers :-(

I tried re-syncing with the PC Laptop but it would not add in any of the mobile numbers :-(

Used advice from this thread to delete all contacts from BlackBerry with rset command :-D Still would not re-sync with PC Laptop.

Used advice about partial sync with a backup (which I had luckily made on the mac software!) Phew! all my mobile numbers came back on my BlackBerry Phew!

Then did a sync with the mac address book now have a merged version with alll e-mail addresses into Blackberry.

Thank you to everyone for your tips and pointing me in the right direction -- without you guys, I'd have had to type all my contacts in again on the BlackBerry which would have been a nightmare :-D
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,319 Global Posts
    PIN
    G

Quote Originally Posted by johanc View Post
    I totally agree!... Truckys answer was exactly what I had been looking for. Amazing how many 'hidden' features the Blackberry has...
    Quote Originally Posted by holdfast View Post
    Excellent info. Thank you my friend, I've had doubled up contacts for a few days and my OCD was kickin bad! Thank you, this fixed it in 35 seconds.
    So glad this worked for you, and thanks to those before me who shared their knowledge so I could in turn help you. That's what this forum is all about.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Thanked by:
    maverick_99 (08-24-2011) 
    maverick_99 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hats off to trucky, even I have created an account in this forum just to praise this guy for his answer.
    CrackBerry Addict

The "rset" feature is awesome. Thanks so much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    Just Ask!

Thanks Trucky - Saved me an AGE - Before i found this i delete all 900 odd contacts one by one! Flipping outlook duplicated a load - found out I had a tick in the box - use as outlook address book - therefore BB was adding this "backup" address book as well as the one called contacts - nothing is simple is it!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Curve 9220

Does this option work in 9220 also? When I go to 'contacts' and then 'option' there is no space to type anything. Pls advise
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking Thank you so much.

It is an old thread, but still. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks a lot jsanders.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

how can i backup my contacts from bb torch