under applications can these be deleted

blackberry 4.5.0 core apps

blackberry 4.5.0 system software

blackberry attachment service properties
    04-08-09 07:17 AM
    under applications can these be deleted

blackberry 4.5.0 core apps

blackberry 4.5.0 system software
    No. And if you could your phone would be completely useless.
    04-08-09 07:19 AM
    I disagree slightly on that AG, if trees deleted those, that BB would be a pretty nice paperweight, especially if the battery is removed and lead shot was added.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 07:47 AM
    The only one I have at the moment is a Chronograph app for when I run.

I try different things now and then, but usually end up uninstalling most apps.
    04-08-09 07:57 AM
    I disagree slightly on that AG, if trees deleted those, that BB would be a pretty nice paperweight, especially if the battery is removed and lead shot was added.
    I stand corrected and thank you for my biggest morning laugh
    04-08-09 07:59 AM
    [...]
    In addition I removed more items as described the this guide:[link removed]

BlackBerry Maps
    Blackberry MDS Runtime
    BlackBerry Messenger
    DOD Root Certficates
    Blackberry S/MIME Support
    Help
    Password Keeper
    If you are on AT&T you can also remove PTT which saves quite a bit of memory. I did that along with the programs listed above (except for Password Keeper, which I use), and have around 11-13 MB free with Google Talk, Pandora, Facebook, App World, Bolt, The Hockey News, Google Mobile App, Google Maps, Gmail, Ka-Glom, Remember the Milk, GSync, and SugarSync on my 8310. I have no browser shortcuts and only one theme beyond the standard ones but I also have a ton of contacts/tasks/calendar appointments on it taking up memory.
    04-08-09 08:04 AM
    I stand corrected and thank you for my biggest morning laugh
    Then that means I woke up doing Ok, then. A laugh or some help for someone, it's all good.

I guess with those modifications, trees would then officially become a bricklayer.

04-08-09 08:27 AM
    I have an 8330 and i run:

BerryBuzz, CB Launcher, BB Weather, CNN, Docs To go, Ereader, AP Mobile, Google Maps, Google Apps, Google Sync, SuperPages Mobile, Quicklaunch, 2 Themes, Mobiscope, Shazam, Slacker, Onto Calendar, Capture it, NY Times, Time Mag, Viigo, Vlingo and QuickPull.

I also have 35 meg free after Memory Clean, Browser cache clean, and Quickpull. Most of the day running around 30 - 31 meg.

Seems like i have a lot of memory with all those apps. I looked in the DM to see the list and was suprised I had that many. So many people say they have a few apps and no memory left. Go figure.
    04-08-09 09:21 AM
    Current listing:

TwitterBerry
    Slacker
    RTMBB
    YouVersion
    Olive Tree
    Noah/Beik's
    D2G
    HanDBase
    Wiki (s)
    Yodlee (s)
    NCSECU (s)
    Amex
    SpashMoney
    SplashID
    Gmail
    BOLT
    TeleNav
    Solitaire
    Pro Golf Paradise
    Xmas Pool
    WeatherBug

I removed some native programs (Tasks, Maps, Password Keeper) since I have third party apps that fulfill those needs.
    where did you find a Yodlee app, I love that service, it is so great!!!
    04-08-09 09:47 AM
    I used to have quite a lot, but after it had broken and i had to get a new one, i didnt put many back on. I just have Facebook and Twitterberry now and thats all i really need.
    When i first got it, i think i was just so excited i got every app going!
    04-08-09 10:36 AM
    where did you find a Yodlee app, I love that service, it is so great!!!
    It's a shortcut (I tried to denote shortcuts on that list with "(s)" for clarity).

The mobile version is great though.
    04-08-09 10:51 AM
    25+....took out bb maps and password keeper..
    04-08-09 10:52 AM
    i have 12 apps installed besides what was installed with the OS minus a few modules.
    04-08-09 11:10 AM
    I have...

quick pul
    slacker
    vlingo
    N.E.X.T.
    docs to go
    MS messenger
    BB app world
    2 desktop shortcuts
    google maps
    google mobile
    trapster
    viigo
    5 (.5mb) themes
    11 vendor themes
    Lots of appts, addresses and notes

35.1 mb free

o.s. 4.5.0.131
    04-08-09 03:24 PM
    I have Slacker, 3jam, viigo, facebook, pocket express, yahoo messenger, quickpull, sprint TV, sprint nav, and my free file memory starts at about 40mb in the morning, and ends at about 36mb at night.
    04-08-09 03:30 PM
    The people that always answer are the ones with the 8330 ant with verizon or sprint. I would love to hear from the rest of the crackberry addicts with Tmobile and ATT and the 8320 berry lets get that going the ones with the 30g left and 60 apps never helps the rest of us
    04-08-09 05:52 PM
    aerize alert
    antair call filter and auto
    aol
    autolock
    autostandby
    bbsmarts
    bbweather
    berrybuzz
    9 themes
    everhr
    facebooks
    flickr
    flipside
    fmylife
    followup
    imbusy
    itookthionmyphone
    livesearch
    log maid
    mesg scheduler
    mobile banking
    myboxtoneexpert
    myspace
    nobex
    onto calendar
    phoneface
    quick luanch
    quick pull
    save number as
    shazam
    snap screen
    social scope
    telenav
    talk later
    twitterberry
    vlingo
    wallet
    wlm
    xberrylive
    yahoo msg

plus i have like 45 other paid apps but not installed and over 100 themes

plus with what i got on my phone i have 45 mgs of space still o yea on my 8330
    04-08-09 06:11 PM
    Ok, so I have a new(2 weeks) 8320 from T-Mobile. I have downloaded a few apps and kept almost everything that came on the phone til today when I looked at my free space. It was around 8,000,000+-. I also have 1 custom theme that I use. My apps I still have that I downloaded myself are BB App world, Google maps, MLB.com, Pirates.com, The Hockey News Mobile, and weather.com. I have deleted the messengers like ICQ, Yahoo messenger, and Google talk cause I dont use them and can't see me ever using them. I now have around 10,000,000 free space. I would like to have more space but I am afraid if I delete things that came on the phone, I may not be able to get them back if needed.

Also, this phone came with 2 browsers. Is this taking up alot of space? I have the normal browser and T-zones. Should I delete one of them and if I should, which one do you recommend I delete? I normally just use the normal browser. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    04-08-09 07:03 PM
    The people that always answer are the ones with the 8330 ant with verizon or sprint. I would love to hear from the rest of the crackberry addicts with Tmobile and ATT and the 8320 berry lets get that going the ones with the 30g left and 60 apps never helps the rest of us
    I posted my 30 with Tmo... not a whole lot of space left, till I killed FaceBook.
    04-08-09 08:06 PM
    Updating my previous post, since I add a new app and a new theme.

04-08-09 08:09 PM
    I have 14 apps. I take them off, put them on..changes constantly.
    04-08-09 08:32 PM
    I got 11. For Now!!!
    04-08-09 10:16 PM
    I have an 8310 w/AT&T with the following installed:

Gmail
    AIM
    Gtalk
    BBMessenger
    Calendar/phonebook/tasks/memo/calc
    Opera mini
    BB Browser
    SocialScope
    LJ2Me
    Google app
    Google Maps
    OliveTree Bible Reader (and several Bibles, but they're on the media card)
    CB launcher
    Wattpad and 3 books (downloaded, not bookmarked)
    5 third party themes
    All original themes

I keep about 12 - 14MB free space. Sometimes it's as low as 6MB. Doesn't affect performance too much and gives me enough room for what I need. I do a soft reset every couple of weeks to free up stuff eaten by memory leaks and I'm all good.
    04-09-09 01:34 PM
    MarinersApp, MLB, Twitterberry, Slacker, ESPN, Google Maps Google app, BoyGenius, CB and Viigo
    04-09-09 01:50 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD