Lately my phone has been shutting off for no reason, and it has to be hooked up to a power supply (wall or car) to come back. I think it's an issue with the battery, but I've only had this phone since October. How long should the blue batteries last? I would like to buy a new one to see if that is the issue, because it's very frustrating.
    01-19-09 03:39 PM
    The brand/type of charger you are using could be the culprit. If you are using a car or wall charger that is not designed for your blackberry it could be improperly charging your battery. I have known several people that have had issues like yours when they were using a Motorola or generic charger on their blackberry.

Another problem could be your batteries connection inside your phone. If you take out the battery, does it lay flat or is there any curve to it? If it is not flat then it may have been warped in some way and this will certainly cause a connection problem.
    01-19-09 03:46 PM
    The brand/type of charger you are using could be the culprit. If you are using a car or wall charger that is not designed for your blackberry it could be improperly charging your battery. I have known several people that have had issues like yours when they were using a Motorola or generic charger on their blackberry.

Another problem could be your batteries connection inside your phone. If you take out the battery, does it lay flat or is there any curve to it? If it is not flat then it may have been warped in some way and this will certainly cause a connection problem.
    I'm using the same charger I always have been, which IIRC came with my phone. I can't tell if there is curve to the battery but I have noticed more difficulty than usual taking off the back door, which leads me to suspect it might be warped and I just can't see it!

I ordered a new battery for $6.50 on eBay, hopefully that will fix the problem when it gets here. Thanks for your advice!
    01-19-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD