UPS just delivered my Curve!!! Can't wait to use it but have to charge it first. Does anyone know how long the first charge should be? This may sound stupid but on my last regular Motorola phone I followed the instructions and charged it "until it's charged." Well, I had problems with the phone barely holding a charge for a couple of days. I found out afterwards that despite what the instructions said, it should have been charged for 24 hours the first time. Does anyone know if this is the case with Blackberries? Thanks!
    07-19-07 04:59 PM
    it took me about 2 hours for full charge. I received it the same way so dont feel alone. but it wouldnt let me get on the internet or make a phone call for 30mins. due to lack of battery
    07-19-07 05:02 PM
    I say just leave it on all night...
    07-19-07 05:02 PM
    it is a lithium battery, it is not like the old cell phone batteries with a memory
    07-19-07 05:27 PM
    Thanks for all your answers. I just wanted to make sure I got this right the first time!
    07-19-07 05:38 PM
    Hello Koolforkatz,

I wals told by RIM, because I asked when I first got my BlackBerry, that all BlackBerrys should be charged overnight for a full charge and the next time wait unitl it's down to one bar and charge it again overnight. But after that, they informed me not to leave it every night charging overnight.

Also, if the BB doesn't need charging and say you have 2 bars left and you charge it anyway, they told me eventually you will need to replace the battery more often. They highly recommend charging it when it's down to 1 bar. The info I am sharing with you was from RIM.

Gia
    Last edited by Giavanna; 07-19-07 at 06:34 PM.
    07-19-07 06:31 PM
    Lithium Ion batteries do not have a memory and therefore can be charged for as short or as long as you want. I plug mine in overnight and plug it in for 10-15 minutes when I sit at my PC.
    07-19-07 09:29 PM
    Trevorhiller,

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Gia
    07-19-07 09:32 PM
    i know this is a old thread but for someone new to blackberry it helps... thanks. i was wondering this, Since T-Mobil made it seem like if I didnt charge it for 24 hours the phone would be garbage lol..

word for word they told me "if you dont charge it for 24 hours just throw it away cause your phone will suck!!"

being a Lithium battery I was almost sure that was wrong..
    04-29-09 07:41 AM
    I plugged mine in to charge as I set everything up. Full charge after a few hours of installing the stuff onto my PC from the accompanying DVD, and fooling around with it, charged it overnight twice, and it lasted a full 2 days with no charging or near continuous use
    05-01-09 10:29 PM
    Hi,
    I just recieved a new BB Curve 8300 off ebay. I initially turned it on with the new battery to see what it looks like. I then proceeded to charge it overnight turned off. It did not retain charge as indicated by a red battery sign and "low battery." While it was plugged in (when the BB was turned on) the lightning bolt appeared over the battery icon, indicating it was charging. What could this be??? Bad battery? Does it matter if the BB is on or off while charging?
    03-19-10 08:46 AM
    I've had my curve for just over a week now and i'm finding myself charging it 2 or 3 times a day usually...i'm a heavy texter and web surver so i kill my battery. I'd have to look into getting an extended battery for it due to this.

I dont care if it's a Lithium battery or not...if you keep plugging it in and unplugging without getting a full charge, it WILL kill the battery eventually.
    Last edited by kevinrh32; 04-05-10 at 03:21 PM.
    04-05-10 02:32 PM
    I've had my curve for just over a week now and i'm finding myself charging it 2 or 3 times a day usually...i'm a heavy texter and web surver so i kill my battery. I'd have to look into getting an extended battery for it due to this.

I dont care if it's a Lithium battery or not...if you keep plugging it in and unplugging without getting a full charge, it WILL kill the battery eventually.
    lol...its not about you care or not...facts is facts...
    12-02-10 07:13 AM
    I'm going to move this thread to the Curve Forum.
    12-02-10 09:16 AM
    What will kill a Lio battery is depleting it completely. They can handle being charged as often as possible, partially or fully. Just never run it out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD