I just got the 8320 last week and normal use (txt, online now and then) lasts about 3 days. Is that normal for a curve? I'm used to a week with a normal phone. Thanks!
    09-11-08 08:47 AM
    I just got the 8320 last week and normal use (txt, online now and then) lasts about 3 days. Is that normal for a curve? I'm used to a week with a normal phone. Thanks!
    3 days is pretty good, think about how much you use your BlackBerry for; email, sms, im, web, videos. Mine is on a charger while @ work so I've only had it go dead on me once.
    09-11-08 08:55 AM
    YUH THATS ABOUT RIGHT.. WELL I BROWSE THE INTERNET ALOT ON MY BB AND LISTEN TO MUSIC ALOT SO MY BATTERY GOES DOWN PRETTY FAST..BUT IF UR JUST BROWSING FOR ABOUT AN 1 HR OR SO A DAY...AND JUST TEXTING AND USING IT AS A PHONE... ABOUT 3 DAYS IS RIGHT..
    09-11-08 09:00 AM
    I just got my first blackberry. Can you buy additional batteries, charge them in the device, then remove and carry them to place into it when the current one you're using is getting low? (Just in case you're not where you can charge it)
    09-11-08 09:00 AM
    I just got my first blackberry. Can you buy additional batteries, charge them in the device, then remove and carry them to place into it when the current one you're using is getting low? (Just in case you're not where you can charge it)

UHHHH YUHHHH
    09-11-08 09:01 AM
    UHHHH YUHHHH
    to translate. that's a yes.

mine lasts about 2days but I often sit in a part of our building without a signal.
    09-11-08 09:06 AM
    about 1-1/2 to 2 days for me. YMMV. 3 days sounds good though. Your addiction will soon cause that to decrease! =)
    09-11-08 09:13 AM
    I am not sure. I charge my phone every night while I am sleeping. I could probably get two days out of it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:22 AM
    to translate. that's a yes.

mine lasts about 2days but I often sit in a part of our building without a signal.
    YUH THAT WAS A YES..AND LIKE THE PERSON ABOVE ME SAID..IN DUE TIME UR BATTERY LIFE WILL GET SHORTER AND SHORTER AS U GET ADDICTED..AND BELIEVE ME U WILL GET ADDICTED..LOL
    09-11-08 09:25 AM
    LESS than ONE day. I have two batteries and both last less than a day. My verizon guy says that part of it is becuase our town has poor service and it is contanstly searching for service. Is that possible? I charge it every night. Sometimes I dont make it through the day but for the most part...I am almost empty when I plug it in.
    09-11-08 09:37 AM
    With Wifi/UMA on most of the day, I end the day with 70% charge most of the day.

@tae_254: Please move your left pinky 7/16 of an inch and disengage your caps lock.
    09-11-08 09:38 AM
    Mine would last 2-3 days, but I charge every night anyway.

~CMT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:39 AM
    I'm on my berry all day and with the OEM battery, I would get as low as 5% by the end of the day. I bought a Seidio 1500 extended life Battery and now can go a couple days, but I recharge every night.

Tae, you don't have to yell
    09-11-08 09:53 AM
    I'm hesitant to charge my battery until it's almost dead. I've heard doing otherwise would shorten the battery's ability to fully charge and maintain a charge. I've also been told not to charge the phone overnight because if you leave it charging for a significant amount of time after the battery is fully charged that it could hurt the battery in terms of holding a charge.

Thoughts?

On a side note: I don't understand why people get so upset about people using all caps. Yes, I know it's considered yelling, but some people may just prefer all-caps while you prefer a mix. In my opinion, every poster should be able to do whichever he prefers.
    Last edited by talkalot24; 09-11-08 at 10:25 AM.
    09-11-08 10:21 AM
    Sorry you guys..Is that better??
    09-11-08 10:25 AM
    I am a newbie and so far I have been getting less than a day out of my battery. Am I leaving something running that I am not aware of? Is that causing the battery life to be shortened? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated
    09-11-08 10:29 AM
    I am a newbie and so far I have been getting less than a day out of my battery. Am I leaving something running that I am not aware of? Is that causing the battery life to be shortened? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated
    Try pressing Alt and the back key (not on keyboard but beside the end button) and see how many programs you have running
    09-11-08 10:34 AM
    With my blackberry, I will generally charge it every night when I go to bed. But I have tested it before, with general use, I can get 3-4 days out of mine with the OEM battery.
    09-11-08 10:56 AM
    I'm hesitant to charge my battery until it's almost dead. I've heard doing otherwise would shorten the battery's ability to fully charge and maintain a charge. I've also been told not to charge the phone overnight because if you leave it charging for a significant amount of time after the battery is fully charged that it could hurt the battery in terms of holding a charge.

Thoughts?

On a side note: I don't understand why people get so upset about people using all caps. Yes, I know it's considered yelling, but some people may just prefer all-caps while you prefer a mix. In my opinion, every poster should be able to do whichever he prefers.
    A lot of what you've been told about batteries applied in the old days, but with the new batteries those old rules do not apply. It won't hurt your battery to charge overnight. One suggestion I have is to buy a charging cradle. This will help preserve you device's plug. These plugs are often damaged by the repeated use for charging -- and you need this plug to access your computer.

On a side note note : About all caps, it is an etiquette issue -- and considered rude by most computer users. Can someone do what they want? Sure they can, but personally, if I was doing something that was considered rude, I'd want someone to tell me.
    Last edited by exelant; 09-11-08 at 11:07 AM.
    09-11-08 10:58 AM
    Also check your signal, if your berry is always looking for a signal as with a low bar situation, tha will eat up battery life. Make sure you are using a BlackBerry designated case for storage. These cases have magnets in them which give your berry a signal to go into idle mode. This will increase battery life in the above situation,
    09-11-08 11:02 AM
    Yeah, that may be.

I know it's considered an etiquette issue, but why? Why is typing in all-caps rude? Is it insulting to someone? Degrading? It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe some folks have a hard time seeing the text unless it's all-caps.

A lot of what you've been told about batteries applied in the old days, but with the new batteries those old rules do not apply.

On a side note note : About all caps, it is an etiquette issue -- and considered rude by most computer users. Can someone do what they want? Sure they can, but personally, if I was doing something that was considered rude, I'd want someone to tell me.
    09-11-08 11:05 AM
    Yeah, that may be.

I know it's considered an etiquette issue, but why? Why is typing in all-caps rude? Is it insulting to someone? Degrading? It doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe some folks have a hard time seeing the text unless it's all-caps.

I didn't make the rules, and I'm not a grammer cop. I could care less, I was trying to help a new person before one of the grumpier members said something in a rude way. What is wrong with that? Never mind, don't answer because I'm letting this drop on my end
    09-11-08 11:11 AM
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to single you out or anything. I've always just wondered why people have an issue with it, so since the issue was brought up in this thread, I was trying to get a discussion going ... probably not the right place though.

I didn't make the rules, and I'm not a grammer cop. I could care less, I was trying to help a new person before one of the grumpier members said something in a rude way. What is wrong with that? Never mind, don't answer because I'm letting this drop on my end
    09-11-08 11:20 AM
    Netiquette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "Another rule is to avoid typing in ALL CAPS, which is considered shouting or yelling. "

--- glad that's settled

back to battery question - mine doesn't even last a day anymore b/c of constantly using BBM and playing music at work.
    09-11-08 11:28 AM
    Whats the big deal with typing in caps.. If someone want to type in ALL CAPS then oh well..GET OVER IT BUDDY!!. Making a big deal outta nothing..
    09-11-08 11:32 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD