First of all, this forum is great and has answered several of my questions. However, I have one more that I can't figure out:

I have a new 8830 that I use with two email addresses. I have a corporate address that sends email into the "Messages" folder. Then I have a gmail address that I added using the "Setup Internet Email" application. A gmail icon was then added to the desktop. This works fine.

However, messages that I get at my gmail address arrive in both the "Gmail" icon folder, and in the main "Messages" folder. I want to keep these separate if possible, so that only my corporate email messages go into the "Messages" folder and I can check my gmail periodically by clicking the "Gmail" icon, but not have those messages mingled in with work ones.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
    08-29-08 07:11 PM
    I'm not sure that you can separate the two...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 07:13 PM
    google this program, Empower BES Mailbox
    08-29-08 07:15 PM
    heres a link Empower BES MailBox it's 20 bucks and you may have to be on a BES. there is a free trial. Or you can assign each a different tone
    08-29-08 07:17 PM
    First of all, this forum is great and has answered several of my questions. However, I have one more that I can't figure out:

I have a new 8830 that I use with two email addresses. I have a corporate address that sends email into the "Messages" folder. Then I have a gmail address that I added using the "Setup Internet Email" application. A gmail icon was then added to the desktop. This works fine.

However, messages that I get at my gmail address arrive in both the "Gmail" icon folder, and in the main "Messages" folder. I want to keep these separate if possible, so that only my corporate email messages go into the "Messages" folder and I can check my gmail periodically by clicking the "Gmail" icon, but not have those messages mingled in with work ones.

Is this possible?

Thanks.
    You can't. All messages for each email address go to the "messages" folder. You are not really seeing duplicate messages, just two different ways to view the same message. I have my message folder hidden on my BB and just have the individual account icons on mine. But I do use a today theme so when I get a new message and I select it from the today screen it takes me to the messages folder where I see everything for each email account. I wish there was a way to take that off but unfortunately there isn't.
    08-29-08 07:28 PM
    Hide your messages folder and just keep the work email account visible.

08-29-08 09:11 PM
    m.google.com/mail

This should do what I think you want. I use it and my corporate mail is kept separate from my personal mail.
    08-29-08 10:00 PM
    Hide your messages folder and just keep the work email account visible.

How do I get an icon for just my work email account?
    08-29-08 10:30 PM
    With a Blackberry, if you seperate your sms and email inboxes in 'message options' > 'general options,' you can only designate one folder for all of your emails: 'messages.' My advice is to hide 'messages' and rely solely on viewing your sms/mms inbox, and your independant email inboxes. It's not so bad, really. Beats getting foul Spam with your work emails!
    08-29-08 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD