I am a new blackberry user as I got my curve from t-mob today! I just would like to spend the 20 bucks that I would use on JiveTalk, but I need it for gas and food :-)
    07-05-08 06:51 PM
    i posted a thread just a bit ago, but try palringo, its free and uses all the popular im's plus gives you a push to talk feature thats really neat.
    07-05-08 07:15 PM
    Well if you do decide to get Jivetalk then use the code IPRELAY to get 5 bucks off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 08:21 PM
    Could just use the AIM already on your BB if you dont want to pay for anything. Is there a code for the 30 dollar license?
    07-05-08 08:22 PM
    instango and palringo are both horrible to me

but theyre free, and i guess there arent many professional coders who give out free apps on the blackberry =\

i use instango because it works may better than palringo
    palringo has wayyyyyyy to many fkups

like when ur in a convo and press the back button to go view a different message frm someone else

the message u were previously on gets deleted, so if u had to save something important from the convo... ur outta luck. (what u gotta do is press menu > view home screen or suttin to do it, REALLY inconvenient)

but instango isnt all that bad, its just u cant read peoples full away messages and it doesnt have a "scrolll to top/bottom" function that really irritates me
    but besides that its not that bad if you could just get a better interface.

Palringo needs instango's functions
    instango needs palringo's GUI

and then ud have jivetalk for free :P
    07-05-08 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD