HOly crap...it was driving me crazy!!!
    Finally got it!!!
    This was sooooooooo helpful!
    08-09-09 08:58 PM
    i cany download jar files either.. i use the usb to transfer them and get them to my phone and it works.. but when i start to download it its says invalid jar..
    08-15-09 11:09 AM
    Hey, thanks for all the information. I've been going crazy thinking I got the wrong type of lifes for my BB BOLD 9000. This information is very helpful.

Thanks!!!!
    11-03-09 10:25 AM
    Thank you mindfreak, I used your easy directions and got my FB v1.6 back up and running on my phone. YEAH!
    01-29-10 02:04 PM
    how to install .jar files to blackberry 7130g, device OS is 4.2 and also the desktop manager the same.

Kindly let me know how to install yahoo messenger and opera mini through my pc to blackberry.

shandinesh
    03-01-10 12:26 PM
    "Here's a simple rundown/walkthru of how to open/install a .JAR on your Blackberry:"
    I just installed BlueFTP on my 8300
    05-19-10 12:43 PM
    Hi mindphreak,
    your message from 2008 is perhaps outdated, however I did not find an actual solution to the following "install .jar" issue: I manged to install the WeTravel.jar file to the SD-Card as well as to Device-Memory/home/user folder.
    However if I try to run it I get the message.... MIDlet-Install-Notify attribute is invalid. Is there some workaround?
    Thanks
    gunterulf
    Last edited by gunterulf; 10-27-10 at 04:42 AM. Reason: correction
    10-27-10 04:40 AM
    my device doesn't show the removable disk so i can't paste the .jar file......please help (i'm new on blackberry)
    11-07-10 02:24 PM
    i have downloaded the IQ light App the i've transferred it to my blackberry storm using the roxio it installed successfully but when i started the app it showed (Error strarting IQ_Light_French: Symbol 'CommandListner.b' not found.)
    What Should I Do Please heeeeeeeeeeelpppp me
    11-07-10 02:59 PM
    No explore on bold 2
    11-11-10 12:51 PM
    I have installed a jar file but now I come up with error message:
    uncaught exception: java.langnoclassDef FoundError.

How do I correct this?

Thanks,
    Caitlin
    Armaan Jain likes this.
    03-04-11 11:05 AM
    uncaught exception: java.lang.noclassDefFound Error

its coming after downloading and installing the app.
    plz help
    thanks
    04-08-13 03:11 PM
    When i click download it ask me password So what should i do?
    07-14-13 04:37 AM
    download the .jar file that you want to install on your BB. Copy that file to the BB phone's SD card (some people call it media card-whatever your choice of words is) either by using your usb cable or by physically attaching your SD card to your computer. When you open the SD card on your computer, go into the blackberry folder and create a new folder in that blackberry folder (you can name it whatever pleases you, eg. apps or jar jad files etc).after creating that folder, copy the files from the app you downloaded, into that folder. install it back on your BB or remove the usb from your desktop. through your phone's browser, locate that new folder you created that contains the apps you want to install and browse within the app folder of that app and select the jad or jar file and execute it, or run it. It will automatically go to the download application and just hit download. Easy and simple, it may ask you for permissions, just agree and save and it should install fine. I have done it and it works.

Have FUN.....
    04-03-14 05:26 PM
    I've been told this file should open and download so I can run the program -- I've read every post, cked every file, converted to apk for android even - I get nothing -- if BlackBerryos is built on java why won't it open java file
    You shouldn't have to be a programmer to do this
    05-22-14 11:29 AM
    If you are not loading the JAD file from the internet, you will also require the COD files so they can be loaded. The JAD is merely the the boot loader if you want. It is like a PIF file on your windows computer.
    05-22-14 11:46 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD