yeap! because no /cod file is found...some help!
    04-30-10 09:50 PM
    I did a trick with a .jad file, that I got through a download.

1. Copy the .jad file to your sdcard
    2. Open up your media icon
    3. Click on the menu button
    4. Click explore
    5. Find your .jad file on your sdcard (media card)
    6. Click on the .jad file

It should do an install just like OTA (over the air).

I hope this helps.

(I know this trick will work on the 8320 and 8330, but I haven't tested it on any other phones)
    does this work on storm too?
    07-05-10 08:28 AM
    Is there a setting to allow it to work correctly? I have done this with several apps. However I upgraded, or did something, and now it won't work. So I think there must be a security setting somewhere that needs set to allow it. Is that possible?

Shane

PS (Yes it works/worked on my Storm 9530)
    09-15-10 09:26 AM
    Looks like is a pretty old issue 4 u guys but it's new to me. I hv a new Curve 9800 and hv been trying to load some apps... the problem I hv when I Dl a app as a rar file.. when opened I see there is only a JAD file which is not enough to load it..., what to do? contact the developer ??... or go through a conversion program..., I've been browsing some free apps and is a constant to find JAD files only... 2 out of 10 will come complete even if is a .rar or zip file. Why do this apps are incomplete.. doens't make sense to me. ...

Regards...
    01-30-11 08:02 AM
    i have downloaded a theme that has a .jad file, a .alx file and some .cod files....
    jad file has successfully installed but i can not find where the theme has installed...help
    10-09-11 01:58 AM
    Just downloaded an app from Crackberry and it loaded to my Playbook as a ".jad" file and no OTA install and BB Desktop Manager has no menu item to load software, so now I bought an app I can't use? Second time Crackberry has done this to me..I'm not happy that apps are sent to unsuspecting customers as files that won't load on your BB devices.

Bulldog
    04-28-12 12:40 AM
    This trick works sometimes. I did the same thing on my 8330 and the download kept failing saying it couldn't find the file. If you have a jad/jar to cod/ alx converter its alittle more time comsuming but the phone then recognizes the apps in that format

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Your 4 year old instructions were clear and totally helpful -- MANY thanks!
    12-07-12 11:18 AM
    Hi,
    What in case the .jad file is in a zip file then how to install?
    12-10-12 06:49 AM
    It works for ALL my .jad files! Thank you so much!
    12-29-12 10:33 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD