I have all of my email accounts set to show images on incoming email, but they never ever show up. Its really been bugging me. Am I missing a step or am I just a lost soul? Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:32 PM
    If it makes you feel any better, mine is the same.

I think I've only seen true HTML email with all embedded images displayed once.

I've got everything checked off and I've done numerous resets and resent service books many times.

You are not alone...

03-05-09 09:38 PM
    On my storm its the same way..I have it set to download images automatically but it never has...when the email comes in I have to open the menu and hit download images then it brings them all up.....I think its a software thing or something.
    03-05-09 09:38 PM
    It's a security measure put in by RIM.

03-05-09 09:39 PM
    It's a security measure put in by RIM.

Yup this is by design....
    03-05-09 09:41 PM
    This is by design guys/gals. All BB's are this way and it is for security and data usage purposes. If you choose to view HTML, like the pop up says, it exposes/validates your email address to the sender. Also if it's an email you would rather not see the HTML in you don't have to. Keeping data usage down for those not on unlimited data plans. Most non-US carriers do not have unlimited data plans.
    03-05-09 09:43 PM
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The download/display times would be like watching paint dry as well.

03-05-09 09:53 PM
    Grrr. Why put the option in and not make usage of it! RIM, i'm coming for you, start running!
    03-05-09 09:59 PM
    By "person", can a company work? I'm mainly complaining about corporate emails i get with embedded images.
    03-05-09 10:07 PM
    I'm waiting for one to come in now to test it out, but I thank you for the response.

I had the idea of making a master list of e-mails called "Email Contacts" and to just add all of them to one contact to keep them organized, but I figure they will all show up as "Email Contacts" as the sender in my e-mail, so thats a no go.

Any other ideas?
    03-05-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD