I bought my Curve secondhand and it has minor scratches on it, mostly on the battery cover and right above the screen. It also has a small one on the screen, but it's really distracting.

I know I can buy a new housing from a place like CNN, but how hard is it to replace? I can live with the minor scratches if it's a big ordeal, just don't want to permanently mess this thing up.
    02-24-09 12:13 PM
    Its really not as hard as you would think.
    02-24-09 12:22 PM
    jmack549... I haven't come across it yet but I'm sure somewhere on CB someone has posted step by step instructions. I would try the search function & try to find that type of post before going blind into this.

Saying that I wouldn't think it would be too hard.
    02-24-09 12:41 PM
    this might help:

02-24-09 12:52 PM
    I bought my Curve secondhand and it has minor scratches on it, mostly on the battery cover and right above the screen. It also has a small one on the screen, but it's really distracting.

I know I can buy a new housing from a place like CNN, but how hard is it to replace? I can live with the minor scratches if it's a big ordeal, just don't want to permanently mess this thing up.
    Its not hard at all. CNN has a video of how to do it right on their site.
    02-24-09 12:56 PM
    It's not hard to do if you take your time. Go carefully, take your time, and don't force anything.

There are a few things that can get you into trouble though:

The T5 torx screws (2) at the top of the phone are very delicate and can break off very easily when loosening or tightening. Be very gentle when turning these.

You need to be careful when taking off the small bottom cover at the bottom of the phone, the one with the small hole for the microphone. If you use a small screwdriver to pry this cover off, be very careful not to scratch or gouge the antenna and microphone under this cover.

Some people have had problems with their earphone jack not working after changing their housing.

The side rails have some plastic tabs on them that are fragile and easy to break if you aren't careful. You shouldn't need to remove/loosen the side rails to change the housing, so it's best to leave them alone.
    02-24-09 01:10 PM
    Hi there, it really isn't hard to replace housing's at all, in fact it should only take about 10-15 minutes.
    We offer replacement housings for the Curves, if you ever do want to replace yours.Check out our site.
    Home page
    03-24-09 06:23 PM
    Hi there, it really isn't hard to replace housing's at all, in fact it should only take about 10-15 minutes.
    We offer replacement housings for the Curves, if you ever do want to replace yours.Check out our site.
    Home page
    You wouldn't be associated with Aaron from Berryware would ya?
    03-24-09 06:25 PM
    Not all that hard I hear. You just have to be very careful during the whole process.
    03-24-09 06:27 PM
    You wouldn't be associated with Aaron from Berryware would ya?

Shh.. don't say that too loudly would you!! LOL
    Yes, Aaron is my boss, and unfortunately he isn't very good at Customer Service, that is why he hired me as his Customer Service Manager. I am trying to mend bridges, so if there's anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.
    03-24-09 06:28 PM
    Oh I will...
    03-24-09 06:30 PM
    Yes, Aaron is my boss, and unfortunately he isn't very good at Customer Service, that is why he hired me as his Customer Service Manager. I am trying to mend bridges, so if there's anything I can do, please feel free to let me know.
    That's good to hear, I have heard some not so good things about the CS at the company. Glad to hear that he's working on it.
    03-24-09 06:31 PM
    berryware does not have a good name around here. Im one ya'll played around with, and I can name off 4 or 5 others that had the same experiance I did.. those bridges may be a little too hard to build back up again. The colors you sell, are also available on ebay, for much cheaper, which is where I would refer anyone wanting a housing, along with a reputable CB member. Never berryware.
    03-24-09 06:31 PM
    Hi Rachel,
    I have heard all about your particular situation, it is really unfortunate that Aaron didn't do everything in his power to please you as a customer, especially considering the kind of rank you have on these forums.
    I've been thanking him for it everyday for it!! (Sarcasm)
    We just opened last November, and there were a few glitches in the road, and Aaron wasn't prepared to handle to kind of volume he was getting, and he didn't really have any experience with Customer Service, so unfortunately there were some customers who didn't get treated the way they should have.
    I'm happy to report that we have worked out all the glitches with our products, and we have nothing but rave reviews about our quality.
    As for our Customer Service, well, that's what I'm here for. I am the new Customer Service Manager, and I just started about a week ago. From what I've read, I understand it's going to take a lot to build back our trust, but I'm up for the job. We are a very new company, so I'm sure people understand a few hiccups right off the bat, and my job is to make sure our customers are happy.
    So, if anyone has any kind of problem or question, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]
    Hopefully you will give our company another chance.
    http://www.berryware.ca?ref=3
    03-24-09 06:41 PM
    My thought though is, yes you started in November, I would say the most CRUCIAL time for excellent customer service would ahave been around this time, otherwise dont advertise superior customer service.

I also have a hard time in beleiving the "rave reviews" why? because Aaron a long time ago, said he would give me a free housing if I write a review for them, so understand how I am a little suspect on how honest and true these reviews are if anything was also offered to other buyers.

I understand a hiccup here and there, sure, thats expected, but 5 6 7 hiccups, complaint after complaint, doesnt calm my nerves for sure.

But, I guess it is what it is, he sure dug you a deep hole and left you in it.
    03-24-09 06:47 PM
    I understand where you are coming from Rachel, and I'm not here to argue with you, I actually agree with you. When you're starting a business, your number 1 concern should be Customer Service, bottom line.
    Fortunately your issue was resolved, and so have all of our other customers issues from long ago.
    As of now, yes, Aaron has left me with quite the job to do, repairing the damage he has done, but fortunately we have an excellent product that speaks for itself.
    As I said, my only job is to make sure our customers are happy, so that's what I'm here to do. I'm obviously not going to change your mind about Berryware, and that's unfortunate, but there isn't much I can do about that now.
    I'm glad that you've found other housing's that you're satisfied with.
    And as for our other happy customers, I'd like to thank them for their kind words, and support as we get our business off the ground.
    03-24-09 06:55 PM
    It is very easy to change them but you must be very careful
    03-25-09 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD