I only get one bar on wi fi in my room (old house). Is it worth me having the wi fi handset instead of the 8310? No Edge or 3G where I live, so wd be nice to use it on wi fi at home. Vodafone only have 8310 (UK) with OK tariff. Orange only have 8320 (crap tariff). So if wi fi no good, might as well get 8310 on Voda and be very patient with downloads. Basically - is the wi fi any good? And is it any good without a strong signal? Thanks in anticipation. any yes - Blackberry is taking off in rural England!
    07-15-08 11:17 AM
    I only get one bar on wi fi in my room (old house). Is it worth me having the wi fi handset instead of the 8310? No Edge or 3G where I live, so wd be nice to use it on wi fi at home. Vodafone only have 8310 (UK) with OK tariff. Orange only have 8320 (crap tariff). So if wi fi no good, might as well get 8310 on Voda and be very patient with downloads. Basically - is the wi fi any good? And is it any good without a strong signal? Thanks in anticipation. any yes - Blackberry is taking off in rural England!
    It's hard to answer your question. I think most people would tell you the number of bars are an almost useless measurement, unfortunately, although one bar admittedly would suggest a pretty lame signal. I have found wi-fi on my 8320 is much faster than EDGE. FWIW, I do browse the Web on my 8320 frequently while using wi-fi at home, but seldom browse away from home via EDGE as it is so slow as to drive me nuts.
    07-15-08 11:47 AM
    Reckon I need to sort the wi fi then.
    07-15-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD