Hi everyone. I have a Curve 8330, and whenever I dial a # it makes a loud beep for each # pressed. Is there any way to get rid of this? In the Options <Screen/Keyboard menu, there is a choice for Key Tone, but it is set to off, and I am still getting the beep. Can anyone help??

Also, whenever I take a picture it makes a loud clicking sound. Is there anyway to get rid of that? I basically want a silent bb!! Thanks.
    08-31-09 05:12 PM
    The camera sound cannot be turned off (you can thank all those idiots who take pictures of people without their knowledge for this one).

As far as the key tones, I cannot seem to post a link but if you search for that item here you will find it or simply do a Google search and key in on keywords "silent key tone blackberry".

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by PastorTJ; 08-31-09 at 06:18 PM.
    08-31-09 06:15 PM
    On mine if I go into the options menu then screen/keyboard and go to key tones --OFF mine are silent. Not to second guess you but are you sure you saved the changes after you made it?
    08-31-09 06:22 PM
    Ah yes ... I had totally forgotten to ask about it being saved ... good catch jlp.
    08-31-09 06:23 PM
    To the OP, are you asking about the DIALING TONES (as opposed to the KEY TONES)?

If so, the only way to silence them is to use the Quiet or Vibrate Profiles.
    08-31-09 07:47 PM
    That's called dtmf tones...just do what motorcycle mama says.....lmao.....he wants to get rid of the dtmf omg lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD