Yep, did a search...nothing difinitive.

I go to a web site and I get a msg....cant view website because no java.

Not turned on? How do i check....turn on....
    thanks
    08-04-08 11:19 AM
    Yep, did a search...nothing difinitive.

I go to a web site and I get a msg....cant view website because no java.

Not turned on? How do i check....turn on....
    thanks
    In browser, press menu and depending on which OS you have, it is one of the menu options. Mine was in Menu, Options, Browser Options.
    08-04-08 11:22 AM
    Open your browser. Menu>Options>Browser Configuration. There should be two boxes at the top. Enable JavaScript and Prompt to Enable JavaScript. Make sure one of those are checked.

Checking the first box will always allow Java to run while the second box will prompt you before it allows Java to run.
    08-04-08 11:23 AM
    BTW, there is a difference between JavaScript, and Java.
    08-04-08 11:26 AM
    Oh, my bad then. Disregard what I've posted.
    08-04-08 11:28 AM
    No you are probably right. The guy is probably wanting to know about JavaScript for the BB Browser, but doesn't know that JS and Java are two similar but different program languages.
    08-04-08 11:32 AM
    Ok, so here is the problem.

When I go....Menu> Options> .... in the first menu the only "B" listing I have is Bluetooth.

If I go Advanced Options, I have Browser and Browser Push.

No where do I see an option for JavaScript or Java.

I have an 8320....about 4 months old.
    08-05-08 05:56 AM
    Open your browser, hit Menu>Options>Browser Configuration and check the box to support JavaScript.
    08-05-08 06:14 AM
    Open your browser, hit Menu>Options>Browser Configuration and check the box to support JavaScript.
    Kronk.....I DONT have that option.

in Options>Browser> I have default browser config with the options of internet browswer, t zones and wi fi browswer

then, default MDS browser config with the choices of internet browser only

then, default WAP browser config with t zones as the only choice.

Also under Advanced Options....I have Browser Push...there are 4 "pushes" to enable...all are....but none labeled Java.

That is it. I am not seeing the options you guys are talking about!!
    08-05-08 07:07 AM
    "Open browser" = click on the blue globe icon on the home screen. From there, click the menu button & select "options".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 07:17 AM
    Kronk.....I DONT have that option.
    Rich, I understand that you're frustrated. Go back and re-read my instructions and you will see that I am not telling you to go to the Options icon. Click on the Browser icon, click the Menu button (with the BB symbol), select Options, you will get three options, 1) Browser Configurations, 2) General Properties, 3) Cache Operations. Click on Browser Configuration and you will see the JavaScript options we're talking about.
    08-05-08 07:44 AM
    Got it!
    My frustration is I bought this thing in Texas and the dang instuctions are in Spanish. I have no problem with Spanish other than I dont speak or read it. When people say click this button or that button....I have to try and find it.

i see....

SUpport JavaScript
    allow Java Script popups
    Support HTML
    Use Background images
    Use Foreground and Background colors
    Support Embedded Media
    Support Style Sheets.

Out of ALL these...which are best selected?
    Many thanks by the way.
    08-05-08 07:49 AM
    Also....in clicking buttons looking...I found content cash, pushed cache, and cookie cache.

Fair assumption it is a good idea to clear these often?
    08-05-08 07:51 AM
    Check all of them.
    08-05-08 07:51 AM
    Also....in clicking buttons looking...I found content cash, pushed cache, and cookie cache.

Yes, this will free up some memory. I clear them at least once a day.
    08-05-08 07:52 AM
    Got it!
    My frustration is I bought this thing in Texas and the dang instuctions are in Spanish. I have no problem with Spanish other than I dont speak or read it. When people say click this button or that button....I have to try and find it.

i see....

SUpport JavaScript
    allow Java Script popups
    Support HTML
    Use Background images
    Use Foreground and Background colors
    Support Embedded Media
    Support Style Sheets.

Out of ALL these...which are best selected?
    Many thanks by the way.
    Is the phone text in Spanish or just the user manual.

Both can be fixed. BlackBerry will provide a pdf manual in English and if the phone is in Spanish that is easy enough to fix too if you want.
    08-05-08 08:03 AM
    Is the phone text in Spanish or just the user manual.

Both can be fixed. BlackBerry will provide a pdf manual in English and if the phone is in Spanish that is easy enough to fix too if you want.

The BB displays in English. All my documentation is in Spanish. So when someone says push the whatever button. I have to try and translate where it is! Fun.
    08-05-08 10:03 AM

One of the innovations in Browser technology was the development of a cache.

When you first access a website, you download all the included visual elements, images, buttons and content. If you access the same site a second time, the images and buttons are likely to be unchanged. It is much faster and uses less bandwidth if they can be retrieved from the cache.

I have experimented with clearing the content cache and come to the conclusion that it does not benefit the device. It immediately begins filling up with the same content that was deleted.

The content cache is limited to 2 Mb, after that, it recycles the space for new content.

Cookies are tiny files that are placed in the cache by web applications. Most commonly, they identify you as a return visitor and automatically log you in. If you delete the cache, you recover virtually nothing, and have to log-in to each of your websites again.

08-05-08 10:32 AM
    OMG....I am so freaking excited! This fixed it for me...I have been going out of my mind trying to enable Javascript on my 8320...Thanks for your frustration Rich...I had misread the same directions a thousand times. Kronk, you rocked my world!
    12-02-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD