So I have an email and I click reply. The original text appears in the response email. If I go to highlight a portion of that original text by selecting it and I try to delete using the delete button that part of the original text just wont delete. For example the original email text had two paragraphs and I want to delete the 1st paragragh in my response email selecting the 1st paragraph will not delete with the press of the delete key after its been selected. Any ideas?
    11-16-08 12:43 AM
    I just tested this in the box here so maybe it will work for you. Highlight the text and hit the bb button and click cut. Maybe that will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 12:49 AM
    Select the text you want to delete, then press the Menu button (the button with the BB logo) and choose Delete Original Text.
    11-16-08 12:50 AM
    Neither of the options works on mine. I don't have cut out option and the other way if I click delete original text it will delete the whole text even though I highlight the section that I only wanted to delete.
    11-16-08 01:07 AM
    You can't alter the text in the original email when replying or forwarding.
    11-16-08 06:15 AM
    Well that's a pain for long emails and replying only to a certain part.
    11-16-08 09:01 AM
    You can't alter the text in the original email when replying or forwarding.
    Yup, that's one of the only things I don't like about BB's. Otherwise, they're perfect.
    11-17-08 12:16 AM
    I'm guessing that it's a data security feature (to RIM anyway), but I agree that's it can be annoying.
    11-17-08 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD