I never leave bluetooth on. My Razr would use a ton of the battery's charge with bluetooth on.

Now with my Curve, I have set a side key to manage connections and I turn bluetooth on only when I need it, along with the headset.

How efficient is battery usage leaving it on all the time ?

Do you manage it the same as me or different ?
    01-17-09 07:33 PM
    That's exactly what I do. I don't leave the bluetooth headset on either. Frequent charging is a bigger problem than inconvenience.
    01-17-09 07:50 PM
    I leave Bluetooth on on my curve 24/7. I turn the Headset off when not using it, but leave it on on my phone. I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in battery life.
    01-17-09 08:04 PM
    I leave the bluetooth device setting on 99% of the time.
    I keep the ear piece power off unless I am using it.
    With the devices not paired I don't see a significant battery drain.
    YMMV
    I typically charge every 2 days
    01-17-09 08:05 PM
    Same as Eight_bit and jmatteau - always have it turned on and have never noticed any drain. If it's not connected to another device it's not going to use any noticeable battery power. The apps to worry about are those that use the cell radio - AIM, Facebook, etc. They periodically poll for updates and do wear down the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 10:11 PM
    Bluetooth on BB on all the time. Turn on ear piece or speakerphone as needed, since I don't want to use them all the time.
    01-18-09 06:32 AM
    Cool. I was not sure if the phone actively looked for a device. I am guessing it just waits until it receives a signal based on your responses.

01-18-09 07:38 AM
    Mine is on all the time too guys, just have my earpiece off when not in use...

01-18-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD