I connected the curve bb to the computer with a usb cord and it only shows the BB folders, no media card. I have two photos in the picture folder but I have tons of other photos on my phone. I can't figure out where those pictures are stored or how to get them on my computer.

I tried emailing them to myself but that (a) takes a long time and (b) wasn't working through email.

Also, the reason I NEED to get the photos off my phone is sometimes the camera won't save photos, says it is out of memory. The media card though says it is about 98% free and there are only two photos in the picture folder. So what gives? Why won't it save? I usually have to delete some photos before it will save more, very annoying.

Any help would be appreciated!
    12-11-08 10:08 AM
    You need to go to options on your camera and set it to store pictures on your media card. You probably also need to go to media and move your pictures from your device storage to your media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 10:13 AM
    Like what vndlewis said, make sure that the picture is being saved in your memory card instead of the device...

12-11-08 10:15 AM
    u can do it thru the media manager as well...
    12-11-08 10:16 AM
    As was stated. To move the pictures to your card, go into Media and then hit Menu and Explore. Then pick your phone and move the pics to your card.
    Good Luck!
    12-11-08 01:32 PM
    Do this 3 times...

Jump once, clap your hands, turn around in a circle, stomp your feet, wiggle your nose, stick your right index finger up left nostril and utter the words "Bim Shalla Sharrazamabim!"

*POOF*, your pics will magically transfer from your Blackberry to your computer....

....J/K Lol

Do what vndlewis said and make sure your pics are being saved to your media card and then check to see if their actually on your sd card.

Make sure "Mass Storage Mode" is enabled on your device, plug in your BB, wait for the little Blackberry window to open and select: "Open folder to view files", then select the "Blackberry" folder, then the "Pictures" folder and *BOOYA!*, there's your pics.
    12-11-08 02:28 PM
    I am either completely dense (which is certainly possible) or I am missing a step in the moving of my pics to the sd card.

I have 2 dozen pics on my device that I want to move to the card. I have done the requisite standing on one foot and touching my nose (or something like that) and no luck.

I have gone to the media manager, menu, explore, found both the media card and device memory, select device memory and choose pictures, this provides a list of the img files, randomly choosing the first one I open it, then menu again, and choose move. This results in a screen that gives me only one option....me/user/pictures and then an image of a file with UP appended to it.

I am really lost and following all previous suggestions gets me nowhere. Am I doomed to move all of these to my computer one by one via bluetooth? Sigh

Thanks from a newbie (to this forum) this is my 2nd crackberry......

(BB 8310 with 4G SDHC, Mac OS 10.4)

Tat
    12-18-08 04:41 AM
    Then you go to menu again and up then device memory card then pictures.

12-18-08 06:32 AM
    There are two ways to do this. Before we start, make sure that your Media Card is setup like this.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Method 1). Uninstall any othe version of Desktop Manager currently installed on your PC. Reboot the PC after the uninstall. Download and install Desktop Manager v4.6 (not 4.7) with media Manager from here www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22. Once installed, connect your phone (do not enter Mass Media Mode) and run the new Desktop Manager. Now use Media Manager to copy the files from Device Memory to your PC.

Method 2). On the phone, start the Media app. Pres Menu and select Explore. Navigate to the photo source folder and then, one pic at a time, move them to a folder on the Media Card. This is slow and tedious but it means that you do not have to install the rather horrid Roxio mdia mamger in DM. Once the transfer is completed, connect your phone, do not run DM, and this time use Mass Media Mode. Once the phone has been recognized as a USB drive you can drag'n'drop the files to the PC.
    12-18-08 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD