I have a BB Curve 8330 & it shows an envelope at the top center showing I have 1 message. I have searched ALL my messages (both email & text) & do not have one open. I cannot find out how to clear the envelope on my BB. Can someone help me with this? (I'm sure its pretty easy but for the life of me, i can't find out how to get rid of this message indicator). Thanks!!!
    11-08-08 10:30 AM
    IS it a yellow or blue envelope? Did you hid your messages Icon the one that looks like a mailbox with a red flag onit?
    11-08-08 10:32 AM
    Its a yellow envelope. Not that I know of...
    11-08-08 10:40 AM
    if you havew no messeges in you default messages icon, then you might want to try a battery reset. Do you see the referenced ICON I was talking about mailbox with a red falg on it? might look different if you changed your theme. When you highlight it, it should say messages on the screen
    11-08-08 10:43 AM
    check your missed calls
    11-08-08 10:44 AM
    The mail should show up in your messages folder, or in your sms or mms folder if you separated messages. Sometimes you need to roll up to see a message. One trick is when you're in your messages folder, press menu and click Delete Prior. Make sure you save any messages you want to save because this will clear the whole log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 10:46 AM
    Yep - go to the Messages folder - it could be a missed call (as opposed to an email, MMS or SMS). Almost always thats where I go to clear a message. Hope this helps.
    11-08-08 10:52 AM
    Thanks everyone...okay, i tried several things with no luck. I then deleted prior & deleted every message, every email, every call in the call log & its still showing I have 1 message. ??? Any other thoughts on how to get rid of the yellow envelope??? Thanks
    11-08-08 11:58 AM
    I also seperated my SMS/MMS messages from my email messages & the envelope represents an email message. I verified I am not 'hiding' an emails...I'm lost. I just want to clear that envelope & thats it.
    11-08-08 12:12 PM
    You're not alone...I am having the same issue. Every so often after I clear my messages I still have the yellow Message envelope indicating that I have one unread message. This started occurring after I upgraded to 4.5.0.77. A battery pull does the trick and gets rid of this bogus indicator, but I am wondering why this happens. It's not a huge problem, but it is irritating!
    11-09-08 07:44 AM
    I've had a similar problem with this... to clear mine I just open the messages area, and goto the top line where the Date is above my messages, click the BlackBerry button to get the full menu, and click "Mark Prior Opened" and that clears it!

-Mike
    11-09-08 08:38 AM
    I tried it just now, but it still shows that I have an unopened email. Very strange! I'll just do a battery pull for now, hopefully they will put out an update to correct this!
    11-09-08 08:41 AM
    Did you look in your Saved folders?
    11-09-08 09:07 AM
    Another way to do a soft reset without pulling the battery, is to hold these keys down at the same time: alt-(r)shift-del.
    11-09-08 09:08 AM
    If you are absolutley positive you have checked all folders, you can clear it thru DM,
    back up and restore it first, I always do this, then

Ok, back up and restore tab.
    Advanced, scroll down to your messages area, and clear it out, do the same with SMS..
    make sure though, you save the messages you might want to keep. But it seems like you have cleared all it out anyways, so it may be a stuck database...
    11-09-08 09:12 AM
    Battery pull - Works every time!!!
    11-09-08 02:54 PM
    this happened to me and stumbled upon this page so then i remember that i had hid away the messages folder right after i split my sms/mms and email.

on main screen just click menu button/show all/messages (folder). Inside the messages folder, it should include almost all the activities done, dialed/missed/received calls, email and such. so once you're in messages folder.. go to the very top(date and time).. hit MENU/DELETE PRIOR or MARK PRIOR OPENED. that solved my petty yet annoying problem.
    04-14-09 06:37 PM
    Man, I had the same problem. My Curve would get a missed call icon stuck for days. I took it to a Sprint Store for them to change my theme back to the stock theme. So make sure you don't have any themes on, if you do, just change your theme back, and it might go away. That's my experience with that problem.
    04-14-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD