>.< Help? I feel quite stupid.
    03-08-08 01:16 AM
    What do you mean by radio thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 01:22 AM
    Please elaborate

03-08-08 01:53 AM
    Not sure what you mean but if you are talking about turning on connections, ckick on the media icon (looks like a cellular tower, hit menu key, select turn all connections on.
    03-08-08 09:21 AM
    Your Curve 8320 has 3 radio's built in.

First is the GSM cellular radio for connection to the carriers network.

Second, there is a Wifi radio that can be used with home/office network connection.

Third, there is a BlueTooth radio. That is used to make a short range connection with accessories like head phones, computers, printers other remote devices.
    03-08-08 10:43 AM
    to turn mine on I attempted to make a call, then it asked if I wanted to turn it on or not.
    03-08-08 10:52 AM
    you can go to manage connections and should be able to turn it on from there.
    03-08-08 11:08 AM
    Not sure what you mean but if you are talking about turning on connections, ckick on the media icon (looks like a cellular tower, hit menu key, select turn all connections on.

I did that and then I did a scan thing and it said it was turned off.

But that might not be what wrong with my phone.
    03-08-08 11:19 AM
    On your app screen hit the antenna icon and tick Mobile Network
    03-08-08 11:27 AM
    Get Streaming Audio from QuickPlayer for the BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Streaming audio for the BlackBerry, radio to go.
    03-08-08 12:21 PM
    Last night, I turned off my 8330 curve so that no one would bother me. when i woke up in the morning, the radio (for the wireless connection) would not turn on no matter what I did. i went to the 'manage connections' icon to turn on the mobile network, but no matter how many times i clicked it to turn it on, the box would never stay clicked and the connection stays off. i know my service works because i've called my number from a land line and my phone goes straight to voice mail. what am i doing wrong or do i have a screwy phone?
    09-06-08 07:26 AM
    Last night, I turned off my 8330 curve so that no one would bother me. when i woke up in the morning, the radio (for the wireless connection) would not turn on no matter what I did. i went to the 'manage connections' icon to turn on the mobile network, but no matter how many times i clicked it to turn it on, the box would never stay clicked and the connection stays off. i know my service works because i've called my number from a land line and my phone goes straight to voice mail. what am i doing wrong or do i have a screwy phone?
    Do you have a good charge on the phone? If not charge it. if you do, do a battery pull with device powered on.

If you battery gets to certain percentage it shuts of radio off
    09-06-08 07:35 AM
    I think u might be talking about your phone, itself.

When my battery gets too low, I get a window that says battery too low for the radio to work...or something like that.

Your phone IS the radio, it transmits and receives RF signals. If your battery was low simply turn it off and charge the battery. When you turn it back ON, after a significant charge time...the radio/phone should come back ON.
    09-06-08 08:05 AM
    What's happening is, whenever the phone is held on standby or off for an extended period... the radio turns off. It happens to my phone... and when the radio is off I can't send txts or place calls or anything else. It doesn't seem like there's any easy way to turn it back on either. Needless to say, super frustrating.

However, somebody suggested in here to use the Manage Connections option. There you can turn connections back on, and it seems to remedy this bizarre radio issue.

Once I did get my radio back on, I received 20 txts in the same minute that I missed when my radio was off. I also came to learn that I missed several calls that did not show up - nor were there voicemails.

Seems to me like something that should be corrected with later models.
    03-11-09 11:58 AM
    I've tried all of the above and the Mobile Network check box won't stay on. I just turned my phone off and then back on now it won't work.

Diagnostics says APN list is empty!

HELP, I've just had this Curve for 2 weeks.
    03-29-09 09:36 PM
    Pull your battery with the power on, wait 30 seconds before reinstalling the battery. Don't turn the phone off first.

03-29-09 10:02 PM
    I don't think Verizon needs an APN listed.
    03-30-09 07:14 AM
    I've been having a similar problem with my phone the last few days....after I turn it off for the night in the morning I have to turn my connections back on and I've had it for a year and never happened before.
    03-30-09 08:43 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem, wifi has always worked fine and now it recognizes the connection, but in the manage connections menu the status icon is yellow with a horizontal line. As well diagnostic report says apn list empty. I'm stumped...

06-04-09 10:19 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem, wifi has always worked fine and now it recognizes the connection, but in the manage connections menu the status icon is yellow with a horizontal line. As well diagnostic report says apn list empty. I'm stumped...

06-04-09 10:27 AM
    i was told from bestbuy if you want to force radio to come on, just go to manage connection and turn on mobile network. guys, this DOES NOT WORK withe all blackberry models. i bought the tour and it just came out 2 days ago. i cannot turn it on, it says "battery is too low"

oh and also, if i try to dial a number, it says the same thing.

i know there is a way to fix it. i just gotta call verizon wireless to ask them how to turn it on.
    07-14-09 10:00 PM
    What is it anyway? How do I turn it on?
    Because rather thats whats wrong with my phone or something else is
    >.< Help? I feel quite stupid.
    When I removed the battery for 30 seconds or more, this fixed the problem for me. But it took alot of frustration just removing the back case cover to access the battery. Seems mine gets stuck pretty easily.
    12-27-09 09:22 AM
    This happens to my curve also. I turn my phone off at work and sometimes when I turn it back on I get the message that the radio is off. Taking the battery out is sometimes the only way to get it to reconnect. It can be rather frustrating!

12-27-09 11:46 AM
    I've only had this issue when the battery is low, try ForceRadioOn, this app keeps the radio on.

12-28-09 02:10 PM
    hey my friend....
    i have the same problem with you....i have the blackberry 8900 and i want to download some apllications and i can't because it keeps on telling me that i have to turn the radio on which i cant cause i cant find it NOWHERE!!!!really if you find it just reply to me too....
    thanks!!!
    12-04-10 04:05 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD