Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I transfer saved text messages to my hard drive?

I searched but had poor results. I have attempted to use my 8330 as a mass storage device so I can transfer some saved text messages to my hard drive. When the phone is in MSD it shows up on my computer but every folder is empty. Is it even possible to transfer texts from a saved folder to a hard drive?
    Thank you for your help,
    Sean P.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I use dexrex for this. It backs up all your sms messages. Got it thru crackberry apps or blackberry app world. Do a search for it. Works great. Don't think it will back up what's already on your phone. But when you download and set it up. Forward them to yourself. Then it will. Even works with address book so you see who text is from. Hope I helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    66,432 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Another way to do it is to create a backup of your phone using DM. the resulting file is an .ipd. Download a trial of ABC Amber Blackberry Converter Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor, forensic tool

The program is a paid program but the trial is free and allows saving 10 texts at a time. You can save them as a word doc, rtf, etc. I have purchased the program and use it to archive all my saved text messages off my phone and onto my computer OR my media card where they are accessible for review and use.

Someone also suggested MagicBerry for this purpose recently, I believe. I have not tried the program but you might want to do a search.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.821/800 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks folks,
    Sean P