Do I really need a formatted media card...I guess I thought I already had one in there.
    12-11-09 08:01 AM
    if you have a card you should probably format it before your first use, then it should be good from there. not sure but i dont think verizon gives cards with the phones, i didn't get one with either of the two on my plan, just pulled one from my old phone and used it.
    12-11-09 08:06 AM
    Thanks I assume I can just get one at Verizon?
    12-11-09 08:11 AM
    You can get one from Verizon if you want to spend a fortune on one.
    I just got my 8GB micro SD from Best Buy on sale for $24.99. Try eBay as well

Jack
    12-11-09 08:23 AM
    you can get one just about anywhere, online or instore. they are relativly cheap so it should not be too bad on cost. shop around online and you can get a good deal on a larger card(newegg, tigerdirect, etc)
    12-11-09 08:46 AM
    Do I really need a formatted media card...I guess I thought I already had one in there.
    Yes you do need one, no the blackberry doesn't come with one installed. The onboard memory is insufficient for storing a video, it's going to be too big of a file.
    They sell them pretty much everywhere, even truck stops. What with all of the holiday sales, look around, I bout a couple of 4gb's for $10 each the other day.
    12-11-09 10:27 AM
    My 8330 came with a 1GB micro SD card from Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 07:10 AM
    you can get one just about anywhere, online or instore. they are relativly cheap so it should not be too bad on cost. shop around online and you can get a good deal on a larger card(newegg, tigerdirect, etc)
    But dont go to drug stores or Radio Shack and buy one, because they will charge a fortune. I bought a 4GB SD card for my new digital camera at Staples for a really low price $10, and the drug store wanted like $50 or more for that card.

John
    12-12-09 07:32 AM
    Yes you do need one, no the blackberry doesn't come with one installed. The onboard memory is insufficient for storing a video, it's going to be too big of a file.
    They sell them pretty much everywhere, even truck stops. What with all of the holiday sales, look around, I bout a couple of 4gb's for $10 each the other day.
    Lucky me. My Berry came with a 1 GB card. 1GB should be plenty of space for me, as I wont be using my unit to replace my much superior iPod for music uses. I will also use the camera on occasion, but again its not going to replace my nice new Canon 12.1 MP.

John
    12-12-09 07:36 AM
    Mine too. But I've got a 16gig in it now...
    12-13-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD