Folks,

I know to some this would be blasphomy, but how do I shut off texting from my Curve? I do not use texting/instant messaging in my life and did not but that end of the package fron Verizon, and I have some people that have been texting me. Is there a way to shut off the ability to receive any text messages?
    07-24-08 01:28 AM
    Go to Options>Security Options>Firewall. You can then select what you want to block.
    07-24-08 01:40 AM
    I know that with T-Mobile you can set these "block" options from the user Account Settings page on their website. Maybe Verizon offers something similar? Not sure. For me, it can be found within the same menus where I'd go to check my minutes, pay my bill, etc.
    07-24-08 03:12 AM
    if you are on VZW you can go to VTEXT.com.. and then block it.. or call in and have it blocked.. personally i would just block it from your phone.. that way if you ever do want it, then you can fix it yourself, not have to call in..
    07-24-08 01:23 PM
    If you have to pay for tm's does the carrier still count them if you just block on your phone. If yes & yes then get your carrier to block it, and good with that.
    07-24-08 07:42 PM
    I am of the impression that all carriers charge for any texts they send to your device so blocking them on the device end doesn't keep you from getting charged for usage. Best to block at the carrier end until such time as you decide to want to receive texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 12:31 AM
    It sounds like you have the wrong phone if you want to shut off txting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 02:06 AM
    It sounds like you have the wrong phone if you want to shut off txting
    No they don't. I very rarely text. Last month SIXTEEN. And my Curve is
    certainly not the wrong phone nor is the OP's.
    07-25-08 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD