I just got my Berry a month ago. It was due in part to all the great info I read on these forums.

When I got my Curve I mistakenly thought I could get my work email. The IT guys said they don't support BlackBerries.

So...I configured my yahoo address to be able to send mail from my work. But I can only do this from my desktop. I cannot figure out how to send from an alternate address on the email function of my BB. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 11:28 PM
    I may be wrong, but I don't think you can
    03-08-08 11:56 PM
    Thanks. Can anyone else confirm this?

03-09-08 05:57 PM
    So...I configured my yahoo address to be able to send mail from my work. But I can only do this from my desktop. I cannot figure out how to send from an alternate address on the email function of my BB. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I think what you are asking is the equivalent of forging email which is not really kosher basically because it is what spammers do.

I believe there is a "reply to" function in your BB email set up which allows you to specify a different email address to return email to from messages you send out but to my knowledge there is no way to forge email addresses in your BB.
    03-09-08 06:45 PM
    Thanks. Can anyone else confirm this or help?

03-09-08 10:08 PM
    OK, I will be the 3rd one to "confirm" that you can't forge email on your BB.

If your email server has the option for you to check/send remotely, then you can log into your account, access your email, and send and receive from their remote access. This would work if your server allows it and if you can access your server from your BB.
    03-09-08 10:38 PM
    i lol'd again
    03-09-08 10:47 PM
    I need to know that answer too
    03-09-08 10:54 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I know I bumped this twice (and now three times), but when posters say things like "I could be wrong" or "I think" it makes me want to get some for sure answers.

I guess I did not really know what I was asking. It was certainly not how to forge emails. I am not down with that. It turns out I needed to change the "Reply To" in the outgoing mail.

There is a great sticky in the BlackBerry Discussion forum by propipper on this topic right here.

Thanks again for the help. I am up and running just like I want to be. These forums are sweet!
    03-16-08 03:47 PM
    I have found that "reply to" still makes the forwarding address, in your case "yahoo", visible.

I have one of my acounts (let's call it @blank.com) forwarded to a dedicated gmail acount and tinkered with gmail settings to send ALL mail from @blank.com. I had to verify that I was the owner of @blank.com but that was it.

Now for all intents and purposes my gmail account IS my @blank.com account. My gmail email is NEVER visible to anyone.

Of course this requires having a gmail account 100% devoted to a different address but that isn't a big deal.

03-16-08 05:33 PM
    So what you want is to be able to forward your work emails to your yahoo acct, and then have the yahoo account "push" the emails to your bb?
    03-16-08 06:13 PM
    My IT department doesn't support blackberries either. I have my work email set up to copy all messages to my blackberry email address. As others said, you can set the reply feature to use another address. So, while I'm using my blackberry email address, it appears that it's coming from my work address when I reply. Hope this helps.
    03-16-08 06:45 PM
    My IT department doesn't support blackberries either. I have my work email set up to copy all messages to my blackberry email address. As others said, you can set the reply feature to use another address. So, while I'm using my blackberry email address, it appears that it's coming from my work address when I reply. Hope this helps.
    Yep, that's pretty much what I did. I have my work forwarded to my BB email. Then I have it set up to auto BCC my work email when I use it to email out. This way I can keep track of what I have sent to whom. It is a little bit of a run-around, but it is at least functional when I am not at work.

Thanks again for all the replies. I love this place!
    03-23-08 07:31 PM
    Ok i have a few questions:

I have a Tmobile BIS account that I set up but never used. If I forward my work email directly to that address will it just forward to my Curve or pile up in there? I dont think I ever logged into it as a mailbox, only through the tmobile website.
    03-23-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD