I know I can email it to myself but I want to save it on to my SD card and be able to view it at a later time. I know I don't need any 3rd party app for it because I can open it when it's an email attachment so I'm guessing I should be able to open it from the SD card too.

Any help?
    10-31-08 11:33 AM
    I just asked this regarding excel. You will need to have documents to go as well from what I have understood. You are in just a viewer.
    10-31-08 11:45 AM
    I just asked this regarding excel. You will need to have documents to go as well from what I have understood. You are in just a viewer.
    I only need the viewer. I don't need to update or chance the files. Just view them. Do I still need Documents to go?
    10-31-08 11:48 AM
    DocumentsToGo (DTG) standard version that comes with OS 4.5.0.81 is limited with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. You need to register and download the upgrade (free) to view and edit Excel. They want you to pay them $70 for the premier version.

To save a file to your media card just connect your BB to the computer and open Windows Explorer and look for your BB. It will show up as another drive. DTG creates a folder on the media card called DOCUMENTS. Copy what you want to that folder and then you can open it with DTG.
    10-31-08 12:38 PM
    DocumentsToGo (DTG) standard version that comes with OS 4.5.0.81 is limited with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel. You need to register and download the upgrade (free) to view and edit Excel. They want you to pay them $70 for the premier version.

To save a file to your media card just connect your BB to the computer and open Windows Explorer and look for your BB. It will show up as another drive. DTG creates a folder on the media card called DOCUMENTS. Copy what you want to that folder and then you can open it with DTG.
    i'm on verizon so i don't have 4.5. and the free version of documents to go is only valid for 30 days. where do i go to get the one you're talking about?
    10-31-08 01:44 PM
    10-31-08 02:01 PM
    You can view a PowerPoint document when it is attached to an email, but not after you have saved it to the media card. That is where DocsToGo in the upgrade becomes valuable. It will open for viewing or editing from the media card.
    10-31-08 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD