My Cousin did a battery switch on his BB Curve 8330 & when his phoned finally turned back on with the New battery inserted, (He carried a Spare BB Battery) He lost all of his Photos, Music, Videos, Ringers & his Voice notes. was wondering if there was any way to to recover all of those items on his phone. Would greatly appreciate the Help if someone or anybody can provide some Assistance in this. Was wondering if possibly a Back-up would or might some what Help. Again, Thanks everyone.
    05-04-09 11:30 PM
    If they were on the media card, just do a battery pull with the BB powered on. Wait 30 seconds and reinstall battery.

It's happened to me before. A battery pull always restores the content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 11:36 PM
    Nope it didnt work, tried that already & it didnt work either. We even scrolled over to the Media icon & it still Reads 3.6GB free space & 3.6GB Total Space. Thought maybe a backup using the DM would help if anyone knows if that will work. Hmmm

05-05-09 02:17 AM
    So you're saying a battery change, or essentially a battery pull caused a loss of data?

What I'm not clear on is whether this lost data was in device memory or on a memory card.

Either way, I've never heard of this happening from just a battery swap.

05-05-09 02:28 AM
    Hey hows it goin, yea I forgot to mention about that. Yea my Cousin lost everything on his Media Card. First time I ever heard or seen anything of this happenning with a BB.

05-05-09 02:40 AM
    Ok, because the data was lost on the media card, a Restore from a Backup file will not recover your data. Backup/Restores are for databases and content in the device's main memory.

It almost sounds like the media card was formatted at some point during, or after the reboot following the battery swap.

The only thing I can think of, and it is a long shot, is if you have a utility on your PC that can recover lost/deleted files on drives. If you do, put the BB in Mass Storage Mode so the utility can try to recover the files on the memory card.

Good luck.

05-05-09 02:59 AM
    Thanks, but the Media Card wasnt Formatted at all. Will give that idea that U Mentioned a shot & hopefully it'll work. Thanks tho, Greatly Appreciate it.

05-05-09 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD