I recently dropped my curve and broke the screen. I bought a new one online and replaced it myself. Once I got it up and running it worked great except when I get a phone call... they can hear me but i cant hear them! So I figured I needed to replace the loud speaker as well. I got it in the mail but now I cant find where to remove the speaker to replace it. I have searched youtube and did a general search on google but I can not find anything that'll help me.

Can anyone here help me? please?!?!?

Thanx
    Last edited by crystal305; 10-15-08 at 09:07 PM. Reason: wanted to verify type of phone
    10-15-08 08:34 PM
    i've the same problem its unbelievable there's no where on the web with a tutorial or instructions about doing this i want to buy the loudspeaker but it seems pointless since it looks like its impossible to be done.
    12-14-09 11:29 AM
    *DISCLAIMER*
    I will NOT be held responsible if you screw up your phone for ANY reason. I just did it to mine TWICE, put it back together TWICE, and it works fine TWICE. So don't PM me, email me, BBM me, or otherwise cry to me because you deviated from anything other than what I typed/posted below. I will not be held liable for Gorilla hands, Conan strength, or Corky brains. It worked for me, it SHOULD work for you as well. If it works, GREAT! If it doesn't, don't know what to tell you...
    *DISCLAIMER*

Ok, A-Hole rant off.

I did this for you because I :

Was bored
    Was inquisitive
    Haven't seen it done
    Felt like doing it
    Had a camera handy
    Had a spare to fall back on
    Because crystal originally posted it on my Birthday
    Etc...

Anywho...
    Y'all ready?
    Cool.
    Y'all absolve me of any liability?
    Cool.
    You. Yes, you. The one that didn't say yes to my absolution? Please press ALT + F4.
    Cool.
    We all still here?
    Cool.

Read this whole posting at least 5 times before starting, and keep the page open while you are doing it...

Ok, class is in session.
    I surmise you know how to take it apart down to where you need to get access to (AKA the rear housing/motherboard/speaker holder).

Sooo...Let's get to it.

Step 1 : Where you need to be and what you need to be looking at

Step 2 : What you are aiming for

Step 3 : Pry up VERY FRIGGEN GENTLY on the speaker. Best to use a VERY sharp VERY thin metallic object. The CRKT M16 works wonders. It seems as there a very thin piece of adhesive used to secure the speaker into the housing, but it's more dependent on being press fit than being stuck down. Remember it's a speaker so there is a magnet in it (hence the metallic object recommendation as the speaker will stick to it and not go AWOL). Remember above all VERY FRIGGEN GENTLY!!! You're not leveraging a rusty wheel off a Peterbuilt!

Step 4 : Out she goes. Quite easily I may add. No muss, no fuss, no drama, no issues.

Step 5 : Pop the new speaker in where the old one came out of
    Step 6 : Put your CrackBerry back together
    Step 7 : You have a speaker again

Yes it was long winded.
    Yes it was sarcastically written.
    Yes that WAS purely intentional.

Glad to help.

Jack
    Last edited by zx7rou812; 12-14-09 at 03:39 PM.
    12-14-09 03:34 PM
    I think they ca not get to where you started with your directions.
    12-14-09 04:19 PM
    I think they ca not get to where you started with your directions.
    Hrmm...
    Great point, Tom.
    I'll document a complete tabula raza tear down in a few hours when I get back to the house.

Jack

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 05:27 PM
    Ok, just spent the last 1 1/2 hours making a write-up on disassembly of the Curve to this point.

Check here folks:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...sembly-385760/

Jack
    12-14-09 11:58 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my loudspeaker. Purchased one over the net, but now i need help installing it. I see your pictures above, but I'm still a bit loss. From this pic(below)? how do you get to the loudspeaker. What part needs to be remove, can you do a step by step specifically for the loudspeaker.

thanks in advance.
    12-26-09 12:46 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my loudspeaker. Purchased one over the net, but now i need help installing it. I see your pictures above, but I'm still a bit loss. From this pic(below)? how do you get to the loudspeaker. What part needs to be remove, can you do a step by step specifically for the loudspeaker.

thanks in advance.
    From the pic you posted, you need to continue through the end of the disassembly tutorial. The pic you posted is step 5. You need to have the phone completely apart (step 11) to access the speaker, as it is on the opposite side of the pic you posted. The first photo of step 11 is where you need to be, and shows what you need to be looking at. The directions posted in THIS thread cover the step by step removal of the speaker, once you've finished step 11 in the OTHER thread.

Jack
    12-26-09 02:32 PM
    Shuu... I see it. Thanks bud.
    12-26-09 05:29 PM
    You're welcome. I hope it helps. Let me know if you need any further pics or anything.

Jack

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD