I have a T-mobile branded 8320. No data plan, but I can access wifi just fine. I'm using the browser that came with my phone--not sure if it is the official blackberry browser, it just says "browser," nothing else--and I want to know how to open more than one web page at a time and switch between them ...

Can someone explain it to me?
    01-12-09 01:17 AM
    I am not totally sure you can. I was under the impression that it wasnt possible.
    01-12-09 01:18 AM
    Thanks for responding, broth.

If you're not totally sure, does anyone else know whether it is or is not possible?
    01-12-09 01:38 AM
    The only possibility I can think of is to get Opera Mini, and use the Application Switcher to go from the default browser to the Opera browser.
    01-12-09 01:49 AM
    Thanks for responding, Dr.Sadistic.

That is something I have tried. But I don't use Application Switcher-I just hit the end key and go back and forth on each. It doesn't get rid of the open pages, so I can still look at them. But for some reason I don't find Opera faster than the browser that came with my phone, so I'd rather just use the default browser ...
    01-12-09 02:01 AM
    In either browser you are limited to one page at a time. Dr.S's
    advice is really the only option. Maybe one day we'll get tabbed
    browsing of some sort.
    01-12-09 02:08 AM
    The only reason I suggest the App Switcher is for easy of access to the browsers. I'm not sure how your phone is setup (icons), but mine are separated into folders. Its just easier for me to use the switcher =-)
    01-12-09 02:17 AM
    Iphone? I don't believe the blackberry browser is capable of doing what you want it to do.
    01-12-09 06:51 AM
    The Application Switcher is the fatest way to switch back and forth between the Blackbery Browser and Opera Mini.

This is the fatest way to pull up the Application Switcher:
    Press and hold the ALT key > while still holding the ALT key Press the Escape Key > a pop-up window will appear > the app you would like to open will be highlighted (you can use the trackball to choose a different app). > when the app you wish to open is highlighted release both the AlT Key and Escape Key at the same time.
    01-12-09 08:24 AM
    Thanks everyone who responded. Guess I'll start using that app switcher ...
    01-12-09 02:35 PM
    I don't think you have to hold the escape key the whole time.

Once you hit the alt, hit the escape and the switcher pops up. At this point continue to hold the alt key and use the trackball to move to the app you want. Releasing the alt key switches to the highlighted app.

EDIT: Just checked. While holding down the alt key, you can repeatedly hit the escape key and cycle through the possible choices. It's like alt-tab on Windows machines.
    Last edited by Prosqtor; 01-12-09 at 06:54 PM.
    01-12-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD