My blackberry keeps deleting the oldest texts in order to make room for new messages. I like to keep records of every text I've ever sent/recieved since I got the phone. I have read this is a memory issue but my File Free is around: ~22000000 Bytes.

Anything I can do so my Blackberry won't delete old text messages anymore? Thanks.
    11-24-08 02:55 PM
    I believe there's a message retention setting in the Messaging options.
    11-24-08 02:57 PM
    OPen messages > menu > options > general > keep messages.
    11-24-08 03:00 PM
    I have the same problem and have tried to set my text options to never delete. I also read that memory may be the problem so I save pictures and videos to my sd card and i delete unwanted text. And still about once a month I open my text, Email and in or outgoing call logs and they are empty. So if you figure it out please post the solution. Thanks!
    11-24-08 03:23 PM
    shelly what is your file free under options/status ?
    11-24-08 03:41 PM
    You should also do a Backup once in a while. Texts take up little space bu a dripping tap will ultimately fill even the largest bucket in time. So you HAVE to clean them out sometime (2020 maybe).
    You can buy a piece of software Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor that will read the Backup (ipd) file (it has a demo mode) that will allow you to read and export your text messages for any Backup that you have done.
    11-24-08 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD