I just updated to 4.5.0.89 (from 4.3), and I really like it. My only problem with it is that they keyboard lock shortcut, Alt + Enter, doesn't work now. I can lock the keyboard with the icon, but thats clumsy to find. Whenever I hit Alt + Enter it ignores the Alt and just does what the Enter button would do and open whatever app I have highlighted. Any help would be great.
    12-02-08 03:12 PM
    I have *dial from home screen* turned off, so I can just hit K and it wioll lock, however, I dont use it, I use standby, or actually autostandby, a nifty lil app that will put your phone into standby after your preset amt of time aftger the screen dims, it also has the option of standby, lock, or both, check it out, and using standby will increase your battery *life*
    12-02-08 03:14 PM
    You can turn off dialing from home screen and then just press the
    letter "K" or set one of the convenience key for k/board lock
    12-02-08 03:14 PM
    Alt and enter worked on my 8830

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:16 PM
    Did you set up the lock shortcut on the language menu? It's under input language shortcut or something.

12-02-08 03:21 PM
    Thanks for responding everyone. I constantly use the keyboard dialing so I don't want to turn it off. I have been using the mute key standby function all afternoon, and I like it, but I'd still like to know how to get my lock shortcut back.

Did you set up the lock shortcut on the language menu? It's under input language shortcut or something.
    I havn't been able to find what you're talking about. I did find the Language item in Options, but it didn't have anything about a keyboard shortcut. It is probably my user error, but I couldn't find anything else that looked like a language shortcut. Can you please be more specific?
    12-02-08 05:35 PM
    Well, I'm running 4.5.0.81, and when I go to options-language, there's an option called input language selection shortcut, and should be set to none to regain the alt-enter lock shortcut. I'm not sure if that was removed in .89.

Btw, I might have missed it, but what happens when you do the alt+ent?

12-02-08 07:13 PM
    Just put the phone into standyby by pressing the mute key for 2 seconds. One more press and the phone comes back to life. You can still receive calls and email and txts while in standby.

Bill

12-02-08 08:11 PM
    Nice find! Thanks, worked like a charm!

Well, I'm running 4.5.0.81, and when I go to options-language, there's an option called input language selection shortcut, and should be set to none to regain the alt-enter lock shortcut. I'm not sure if that was removed in .89.
    12-02-08 10:31 PM
    Maybe that was why I couldn't find it. The only Language options I have in 4.5.0.89 are Language, Input Language, Voice Dialing Lang, and Name Display.

I'm actually thinking of downgrading to .81 because I keep getting java.lang errors that force me to take out the battery to make them go away. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for downgrading OS?

Btw, I might have missed it, but what happens when you do the alt+ent?
    Nothing special happens, it ignores the alt press and just does whatever the enter key does. And since I'm on the home screen, the enter key opens whatever app I have highlighted.
    Last edited by belson22; 12-03-08 at 10:55 AM.
    12-03-08 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD