Ok, so I am a newbie. I just downloaded a couple themes from crackberry(this site is great).
    I had to download them to my computer and then transfer them to my my BB. How to I install them? I can see them in in the desktop file, but is there a way to install them from the BB itself?
    06-17-09 02:46 PM
    It depends. If the files are OTA (Over The Air) downloads, then you click on the links using your BB to install them. An easy way to do this is to browse to the link with your computer, copy the link and paste it into an email that you send to yourself. Open the email with your BB and click on the link to download.

If the files are in .zip format, you download the .zip file to your computer, unzip (extract) the files into the .alx/.cod files. Connect your BB to your PC with the USB cable. Open desktop manager, click on Application Loader, then Browse to the location of your .alx/.cod files you just downloaded, click on the .alx file and click on Open/Next to install the theme to your BB.

Now go to Options > Themes on your BB. Highlight the name of your newly installed theme and Click/Enter to select the theme.
    06-17-09 02:53 PM
    Oh yeah, for a detailed step-by-step guide on installing themes, check out the BB 101 Lecture Series link in my sig below. Click on Lecture #19.
    06-17-09 03:03 PM
    What if it is a JAD file. I'm trying to put a theme on my BB 8900 that says its comatible. how do you do that?

Thanks!
    06-17-09 04:33 PM
    What if it is a JAD file. I'm trying to put a theme on my BB 8900 that says its comatible. how do you do that?

Thanks!
    .jad files are OTA, click on the link to the .jad file with your BB.
    06-17-09 04:36 PM
    It said download failed when i sent it to myself on my blackberryto my email. There is anightmare before xmas that i was really bad. Honestly, im not a lame person, thats why im going crazy. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help
    06-17-09 04:44 PM
    My keybord sticks. lol
    06-17-09 04:45 PM
    It said download failed when i sent it to myself on my blackberryto my email. There is anightmare before xmas that i was really bad. Honestly, im not a lame person, thats why im going crazy. Any other suggestions? I appreciate your help
    Try this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/how...r-file-219738/
    06-17-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD