Help! Bought a new 8330 Curve yesterday...love it...but am having a hard time importing my backup assistant contact info into the curve. Would it be easier to import my contacts into Microsoft Outlook or something like that and than synch my contacts into my new Curve? Please advise. Thanks
    07-06-08 04:35 PM
    The Backup Assistant is not compatible with the BB OS, you will have to import them to Outlook then sync the device with the pc using the Desktop Manager.
    07-06-08 04:46 PM
    You are correct. Bringing them out of Backup Assitant is not going to happen. I am not familier with how to it, but you can go to the BA website and cut and paste into excel. Once saved there, not sure whilch file format to use, it can be imported into outlook.

Bottom line fined an excel expert.

Good luck
    07-06-08 04:50 PM
    For future reference, Verizon will transfer your info to the new phone for free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 05:06 PM
    Yes they will, but that brings over only names and numbers. Also the Celbrite machine tags files a bit different and might cause duplicates when sync'd with outlook. not always, but i have seen it happen.
    07-06-08 05:14 PM
    Bringing them out of Backup Assitant is not going to happen.
    Are you still sure?

code.google.com/p/verizon-contact-exporter/

12-03-08 05:07 PM
    Are you still sure?

code.google.com/p/verizon-contact-exporter/

Protest Warrior, did you actually get this to work? I installed it along with JQuery and followed the instructions, but neither Firefox 3 nor IE 6 are letting me run the script on the Backup Assistant site, even with most security features turned off.
    12-07-08 12:36 AM
    Help! Bought a new 8330 Curve yesterday...love it...but am having a hard time importing my backup assistant contact info into the curve. Would it be easier to import my contacts into Microsoft Outlook or something like that and than synch my contacts into my new Curve? Please advise. Thanks
    I also have curve and outlook, but for some reason, when i try to synch i am told i am not connected to internet...but I AM! Any clues as to why this is happening!!! Thanks
    07-17-09 04:44 PM
    I am signed into internet but when try to synch get mesg that i am not signed in....any suggestions?
    07-17-09 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD