Hey guys I was wondering if there was any software out there that lets you view all the files contained inside the blackberry??? Any thoughts? I know you could view all the files inside the iPhone, but how about view the files in the black berry? Help... Thanks

-Ryan
    04-27-09 02:30 PM
    go to your media icon and hit menu>explore.. you can see whats on the device and whats on the media card from there.
    04-27-09 02:31 PM
    Noo... I am talking the system opperation files.. lol not just media... Any other advice?
    04-27-09 02:33 PM
    then you mean looking at the os files?
    04-27-09 02:34 PM
    I'm sure that is propriatary info and giving advice on "hacking" is usually frowned on at most websites. Not to mention "hacking" is a federal crime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 02:39 PM
    Yes.. How do I get in to view/mod the OS files??

04-27-09 02:52 PM
    You can view your OS by going under C: > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > (your os) > blackberry

That's the core file.

WARNING. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE EASILY.

Do not do anything illegal. I just wanted to delete unused themes to free up memory.

I bricked mine once this way. I DO NOT suggest messing with it unless you know a) what you are doing and b) what you want to do with it.

In any case, make a copy of the file on your desktop before you make changes. If you do something funky you can delete the bad copy and drag and drop the clean version in.

Good luck!

04-27-09 03:06 PM
    And I wouldn't call it hacking. The files are his. He bought them. They freely gave them to him. He's not trying to access something illegally nor "hack" into someone else's property.

And all this info is in other posts already on this forum. A lot of it I learned from a post BY CB.

It has saved me more than once.

04-27-09 03:09 PM
    Thanks guys.. I will keep this in mind

04-27-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD