I've been updating my OS with every update on my 8330, so now I'm up to 4.5.0.131 (which is meant for Sprint, even though my phone is Verizon).

The only changes over the official Verizon version (.77?) I've noticed are 1. a backlight delay that I never had before and 2. a slow-*** phone. Changing days on the calendar takes 20 seconds. I get random hourglass-swirling pauses that can sometimes last a minute when I'm doing common tasks like typing a text message. I still like the phone, but this is unbearable.

So how do I roll back to the latest official Verizon release, and erase the garbage on my phone (previous OS version stuff I'm assuming) that seems to be clogging up my memory?
    04-08-09 08:16 PM
    1) what version of Desktop manager you running. If 4.7 when you go to application load and update software. you will see you current OS and then .77 which is prefered since that is your provider OS.

If your running desktop manager 4.6

You can go here and download the Verizon OS.

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Also I recommend you uninstall any other OS on your PC then only have installed the one your using.

Hope this helps.

.131 is a good OS for me. I went 18 days with out a single problem, but finally yesterday afternoon I had a random reboot. Hmm weird...

But other then that I like it..

Good Luck.
    04-08-09 08:58 PM
    Thanks! That worked just fine. My phone definitely works better on .77. My backlight delay is eliminated too, which is really nice. No perceived differences in operation between the two platforms anyway. I seem to get more available memory with this version as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 09:15 AM
    Cools glad you got all setup
    04-09-09 09:24 AM
    Just came across this thread.

With a lot of trepidation, I went ahead and updated my software to .131 last night.

I used 3 "walk thru's" from CB, and the update couldn't have been smoother:

1. Proper Upgrade / Downgrade Procedure

2. **Updated**How To Back-up 3rd Party Applications**Updated

3. How-To Wipe with JL_Cmder

Thank you to all who contributed to those threads. You're the best!

So far I have noticed zero problems with the phone.

On the contrary, it appears to be a tad "quicker", and the track ball seems kinda snappier, in a good kind of way. Am I making sense.......lol???

Anyways, I will follow this thread, and post any developments.
    04-09-09 11:14 AM
    I'm actually surprised to hear someone wanting to downgrade to .77, that was an extremely buggy OS and also has the known speakerphone blast issue. I've heard nothing but great things about .131 and i'm running the Pearl version from Sprint and it's the best OS i've ran yet...
    04-09-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD