I have an 8330 Curve with Verizon. When I get e-mails that have images in them, all I am seeing is a box with words in it and a little mouse icon. When I select Get Images from the menu, it does nothing.

What do I need to do to get these images to show up in my e-mail????

David
    Last edited by icedevil24; 04-09-09 at 01:17 PM.
    04-09-09 01:10 PM
    you probably need to upgrade your os, go to options>about 3rd line down will say your os... what does it say?
    04-09-09 01:12 PM
    if you are on 4.3, which i expect is the problem.. you would need to upgrade at some point. oh do you have an 8830 or an 8330? your profile says 8830 which is not a curve.. but if youve had your phone for less than a week, i would wait until you are a little more familiar with your phone before you attept an upgrade. but when you feel pretty comfy with your phone there is a sprint OS that its in a sticky at the top of this forum. thats the os you want. just make sure you follow the directions; which will include deleting the vendor file..
    04-09-09 01:21 PM
    Version 4.5.0
    04-09-09 01:23 PM
    HTML email is only available in OS 4.5 and higher. Not that even if you upgrade, externally linked images in emails do not get automatically downloaded. You have to do Menu > Get Images for every email.
    04-09-09 01:24 PM
    menu>get images should work for you.. do a battery pull.. phone on pull the battery out replace in 30 secs. try reading an email again and hit menu>get images.
    04-09-09 01:25 PM
    Also make sure that in Messages > Options > Email Settings , that Enable HTML Email = yes, and Download Images Automatically = yes.
    04-09-09 01:29 PM
    Hello, I have recently replaced my 8120 due to hardware issues, I am trying to get the html email setup on it and i have all the options setup correctly but i dont even have the "get images" options any more how do i get that to show back up...I have done all types of power cycles and checked all the html settings but nothing seems to give me that option...Can anyone help?
    05-04-09 08:33 PM
    I had a similar issue with 4.5.131 installed. Everything was set right but no matter what I could not get any images. Ended up wiping my phone and installing the OS again. I went to .138 but I don't think that was the fix. Sometimes things just get messed up.
    By the way, do try everything first and make sure you are set to download images in your options section. Battery pull may help, but it didn't for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD