I set my phone up for a password but it bothers me more than **** dialing every now and then. When I go to disable the pas word, I am clicking on enabled but I do not have the choice to disable. I see a red lock next to the word enabled which I think is the issue. I did a search but found nothing for my 8330. Thanks if you can help.
    10-28-10 12:23 PM
    Apparently the easiest way to disable the lock is to reset to factory settings, and then re-install the OS.

If you do decide to do this, make a backup of all of your stuff on the phone first, and then try this method.

I would still have a good look about on other websites, and forums before you do go ahead with it mind.

Hope this helps.

gpz900ra7.
    10-28-10 12:47 PM
    BES is the only reason I can think of that your password Enable/Disable option is locked out. Is it a work issued Blackberry? If it is you have to get your IT guys to enable the function and it could be company policy that they all are password protected. There is a link to remove an IT policy in the How to Tips forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 05:27 PM
    It sounds like encryption is turned on. Go into Options>Security Options>Encryption and make sure it is disabled on both device memory and media card. After that you will be able to turn off the password lock.
    10-28-10 10:18 PM
    as people have said, you have might have IT policies enabled
    10-28-10 11:54 PM
    Content Protection, Encryption both need to be disabled before the password can be disabled.
    10-29-10 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD