I regularly call Italian Landlines, and have found the problem that the blackberry is unable to dial them from the address book.

The problem is that the italian numbers are the only ones that don't drop the zero after the international code eg. 055 becomes +39 055

When the blackberry dials, it automatically removes the subsequent zero even if its been entered into the address book.

I have tried changing smart dialing to usa, however since I am in the uk, my uk contacts in the address book are no longer showing up when they call (only their numbers are coming up on the caller id)

Can anyone help regarding this..?
    12-25-07 03:59 AM
    Rather than entering the + (I believe the system does it for you), enter the FULL number, and see what gives...

If not, call your carrier...
    12-25-07 04:40 AM

I have tried changing smart dialing to usa, however since I am in the uk, my uk contacts in the address book are no longer showing up when they call (only their numbers are coming up on the caller id)

Can anyone help regarding this..?
    I changed the smart dialing country code to unknown and it works fine with italian and american numbers, try that option

ciao! :-)
    12-25-07 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD