I am using the new curve from Verizon. I can not figure out how to dump the 30 some odd pics they give ya , the video , the song. please help.
    05-17-08 10:45 AM
    05-17-08 10:59 AM
    Read Stoner's post that was listed above but for some quick relief, goto Options, Advanced Options, Applications scroll down to the app you wish to delete and press Menu and select delete. You do not have to reboot until your have deleted the last app.
    05-17-08 11:07 AM
    I keep seeing the same link in replies and the same directions but those're good only for removing videos, languages and apps. How does one remove pics? No one seems to have answered that Q. I still have mine lying on my phone
    05-17-08 11:19 AM
    I don't want to delete the Apps, just the locked photos and song and video, I can not get them to dump
    05-17-08 11:20 AM
    For removing the video just follow what Pete told you...there you will see something like "sample video" ...highlight that and press delete.
    05-17-08 11:29 AM
    You cannot uninstall the tunes and the pics from where you are right now. We will get to that a bit later.

The video you can just delete by going to Media, hit Menu, select explore and then Device Memory, videos and select the BBvid. Presss Menu and select Delete, voila 2Mb more memory.

You can get more feee memory by removing any extra themes that are installed. Some carriers lock the themes so's you can remove them unless you do it as I describe below.

The tunes and pics are part of the Blackberry Operating System. These can be removed in two ways, the best way is to remove them at OS installation time. The second is to use a tool called Javaloader which is available from the RIM site. This is dangerous unless you know exactly what you are doing and will cause problems every time you connect to your PC if you have an OS installed. These are best left in place for now as hey do not take up much space anyway.
    05-17-08 11:30 AM
    Geez...in that case I think I will let the pics and themes be...I have enough memory for my BB to work properly and everything else goes on my card. I never add extra apps n stuff so I dont want to monkey around with the OS for the sake of a couple more MBs and screw up my fine phone!
    05-17-08 11:37 AM
    The minimum safe memory for a Blackberry is 12Mb. Go below that at your peril.

Pull the battery out once a week and keep it out for 30 secs. This forces the phone to reorganise it's memory.

There is a new OS being released in a month or so v4.5 that will make the phone do a lot more. Thsi will be te time to upgrade.

Until then, enjoy your phones and lurk around here and ask any questions you want.
    05-17-08 11:57 AM
    I keep seeing the same link in replies and the same directions but those're good only for removing videos, languages and apps. How does one remove pics? No one seems to have answered that Q. I still have mine lying on my phone
    The only preinstalled pictures from T-Mobile were the Wall Paper samples. Did your carrier load additional pictures?
    05-17-08 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD