How do I change the text message notification for different contacts? In the help area of the blackberry it say's you can, butn the directions it gives you don't work. Because their no option for texting alerts just custom ringtones. If some one knows how to do this or would like to tackle it anyway just email me back A.S.A.P. Thanks for the help in advance.
    02-11-08 11:54 AM
    The only way to do it I believe is to make a custom profile for the contact and set the specific tones in there. You would have to add an exception rule so that contact defaults to the certain profile. There was a walk through in here somewhere .. I'll see if I can find it.
    02-11-08 12:08 PM
    Geeez!!! FINALLY i found someone with the EXACT same question I have!!! Found the directions in the help menu and they don't work! Did you ever figure it out or get some help? I know how to set individual ringtones, but it'd be great to have individual text ringtones. Thanks
    08-19-08 04:06 PM
    I know this can be done, I recently lost my Pearl and had a custom notification tone for text messages and set a different tone for IM's. Now I have a replacement and I cannot for the life of me remember how I initially set those tones up, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it
    09-11-08 10:57 AM
    I know this can be done, I recently lost my Pearl and had a custom notification tone for text messages and set a different tone for IM's. Now I have a replacement and I cannot for the life of me remember how I initially set those tones up, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it
    I thnk you're looking for
    profiles>advanced>menu>edit
    09-11-08 11:21 AM
    The profile exception seems like it should work, but it does not for text messages, only voice calls.
    11-13-08 11:33 AM
    Here is the post that nav did. the only thing that is wrong with doing this is that whenever you set your phone to vibrate or quiet mode these exceptions will still make a sound. hope this helps

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/
    11-13-08 12:04 PM
    I believe you can do this with WebMessenger Message Alerts but I haven't tried it myself.
    11-13-08 02:31 PM
    I believe you can do this with WebMessenger Message Alerts but I haven't tried it myself.
    This seems interesting.
    11-13-08 05:46 PM
    It does, Im gonna go for a trial..
    11-13-08 06:35 PM
    Ok I LOVED this app, I esp love the fact it notifies yiu of a low battery, ALSO, you can set for a notification for memory, when your memory drops below it will give you an alert..
    11-13-08 06:51 PM
    so you said loved it? was there any dislikes? would it be an app worth getting?
    11-13-08 07:01 PM
    I meant love.. Im still tinkering with it, you know how they let us BB lovers figure stuff out alone LOL
    11-13-08 07:04 PM
    I did like it, I esp liked the fact of the alert due to low memory and battery, most other features - led, vibrates repeats notifications, i already have a program for that, as well as pop ups for emails..
    I think some on BES would benefit by creating rules for email/sms, but for the average joe like myself.. i wont use it.

6/10
    11-13-08 07:17 PM
    The app seems WAY pricey, especially since I don't need most of what it offers.

Does anyone know if there is an app that will JUST let you know if your memory goes below a certain preset figure??
    11-13-08 07:27 PM
    I was just gonna ask that, that was a cool feature, I may check over on the 3rd party forum.
    11-13-08 07:33 PM
    I've used Ringo in the past to set custom ringtones for different SMS contacts. I mainly used it so I could have my phone ring+vibe at the same time.

Ringo - MP3 ringtones for Centro, Treo, BlackBerry and Windows Mobile
    11-14-08 07:56 AM
    Thought I would try out WebMessenger, because it seems like it's something I could use. Not really having any luck with it though. I created an SMS rule to vibrate and flash the LED for every incoming SMS message, but it doesn't seem to be working. According to the statistics, I haven't recieved an SMS or email since I installed it. Is there any trick to getting this program to work?
    11-14-08 08:33 AM
    thanks so mch for this post it fixed my problem. this is just another reason why blackberrys are the best phones on the market
    10-20-09 09:15 PM
    Memory Eye is a great app that only let's you know when your memory drops below a custom preset. And it allows you to restart your BlackBerry without pulling the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 07:54 PM
    these options are not available on storm 2 and it is ridiculous that it should be this complicated to set a text message alert for a specific contact . i hear a droid calling BB get ur head out . if someone knows how to do this with storm 2 let me know
    07-21-10 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD