I was trying to send a pic through SMS from my BB and it says my messenger contact list is empty but when I go to the address book and try to add a messenger contact I get nowhere. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    07-23-08 05:24 AM
    Has anyone responded to this? I am having the same problem.
    07-23-08 06:30 AM
    Your messenger contact is for your bb messenger. The contacts in your address have to have a email address. I hope this helps, I only found out by playing with my bb because I ran into the same problem, but remember I'm new and may be out in left field with my answer. I just know this is what happened to me. When I added the email, then I could make my friend a messenger contact and send pics.
    07-23-08 06:55 AM
    I was trying to send a pic through SMS from my BB and it says my messenger contact list is empty but when I go to the address book and try to add a messenger contact I get nowhere. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    OK, 1st, MMS is for pics, not SMS. As far as Messenger(Blackberry Messenger), do you have a data plan? If not, it won't work. If so, do you have the other persons PIN number? Check this out---> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...oes-work-5877/
    07-23-08 06:56 AM
    You can not send pictures through SMS, you must use MMS, which Sprint has disabled. Sorry.

You can, however, email the pictures from your phone to another phone. Send the pic in an email to [email protected]. Replace the Xs with their 10 digit phone number, no dashes.
    07-23-08 06:57 AM
    Thanks for your response, I am not a BB pro!
    07-23-08 06:57 AM
    How do u remove the "send from my blackberry" from emails?
    07-23-08 07:00 AM
    How do u remove the "send from my blackberry" from emails?
    A forum search would find this with no problem. You should try it. But here-->
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ackberry-4980/
    07-23-08 07:04 AM
    Great feedback Crucial!! I was gonna dig up the same link

And, for BBM you need a data plan, the other persons PIN and they need a data plan as well. Then you go into BBM, Menu > Add Contact > Enter their PIN > Then they have to confirm
    07-23-08 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD