My warranty expired last month and suddenly my beloved curve is now constantly crashing. It is updated with the latest os, no new apps at all, and I have removed almost all apps that I had on it. Most of the time I can't end phone calls, and now for it's latest prank it is freezing up in memo pad. Before last month I never had a single issue and was surprised by the number of people who did have issues.

I am not really sure how my BB knew the warranty was done but the timing does seem weird.

I am about to throw my hands in the air. I have never had a problem with my touch, time to switch to Iphone ???

I have been holding out for the 9650, guess there are issues with any device from time to time.

frustrated and not sure what to do to fix my phone.
    06-20-10 07:38 AM
    Android.

WCM
    06-20-10 08:06 AM
    Android.

WCM
    06-20-10 08:06 AM
    By crashing, what exactly do you mean?

A little more information about what the phone is doing will be able to help us point you in the right location to get it fixed.
    06-20-10 08:07 AM
    Sorry for double post. Trying to delete.

WCM
    06-20-10 08:09 AM
    When was the last time you did a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 08:28 AM
    it was probably talking to my car and getting tips...

you might want to redo the OS as well, get a fresh load on it and clear out the cobwebs if a battery pull doesn't solve it..
    06-20-10 08:50 AM
    Oh, I was just venting, never thought of looking for a solution. It freezes at the end of calls and in memo pad requiring a battery pull every time. So the last time I did a pull was just prior to my post when I was 3/4 through a memo and lost all that I typed because it froze up. The hourglass has been sticking around way longer too, like 10-20 seconds. File free is over 39, I have almost nothing but the native apps now. I changed nothing except for my time zone in the past month and my issues started prior to that. However it is becoming more frequent rather rapidly which makes me think it might be a hardware issue ??
    06-20-10 08:52 AM
    Personally I would do a back up of the device, then wipe it and reload the data back onto it. Could be a hang up with the OS causing all the hour glasses that you are seeing.
    06-20-10 08:59 AM
    I was wondering if that would help or if when I restored it if it would just reload the same issue. I will give it a shot though. How do I wipe it clean ? and do I need to take my memory card out first ? I am sure a quick search will answer all my questions but if someone has the knowledge handy ????

Thanks
    06-20-10 09:06 AM
    You can wipe it after a backup with an app like JL_Cdmer or BBSak.

You can take the SD card out, but it shouldnt matter. The wipe won't touch the files that are on it currently.
    06-20-10 09:13 AM
    When my phone hangs up like that it is normally because Verizon is downloading new security or new stuff (like Bing, NFL football - stuff I don't want).

You can first take the battery out while the phone is on, wait a minute or so and put it back in and turn it on to see if it helps. You can reset your phone, but you will most likely want to back it up first. I'm not saying the backup assistant or desktop sync is dependable, but it is better than nothing I guess. I would take the memory card out first to be safe. There is a small hole on the bottom of your phone that you use to reset it. A small pin etc. should do it. You would have to do reprogramming most likely.

I reinstated with Verizon this past week after going to AT&T for the IPhone. AT&T didn't provide the coverage I needed. To put it mildly, I hate Verizon, I have been a customer for 7 years. My Curve 8330 worked fine after it was reinstated, no problems at all until that night. It started having all kinds of weird problems, stopped getting messages, then I couldn't get into my account after it was reset that morning (I could get into it then). Verizon swore they didn't do anything and that it wasn't their problem, but they had also told me I would have to get a new phone since I reinstated. They told me to Google and try to find an answer!

I ordered a Curve 9650 and will get it Tuesday. The rep at the Verizon store didn't know that Blackberries have a different messenger system than other phones until I showed him how it worked. I spent over 2 hours on the phone and in person with Verizon Friday. I got an email from Verizon last night that they had tried to text me (on my computer's air card!!!) about the new service and it wouldn't go through. I guess I will have to waste more time and a high blood pressure today.
    06-20-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD