Is there a way to know if or when a text message has been opened by the recipient?
    12-16-08 07:54 AM
    You can't, if you send it to another VZW customer you will get D next to check mark.
    12-16-08 07:55 AM
    I have Alltel and I get the D next to the check mark too. I'm pretty sure it's just delivery confirmation not read confirmation. I've had the phone less than 20 hours and haven't had time to tinker but I'll see if there's a read receipt option.
    12-16-08 12:37 PM
    All the "D" means is it was delivered, doesn't mean it was read. I've sent my son a funny text a few times when he was sitting right next to me and almost instantly got the "D" saying it was delivered, and he never got the text until about 5 minutes after I got the "D"
    12-16-08 12:42 PM
    Is there a way to know if or when a text message has been opened by the recipient?
    If your recipient also has a BB, try using BB Messenger. It displays a "R"ead icon in addition to the "D"elivered icon.
    12-16-08 12:48 PM
    If your recipient also has a BB, try using BB Messenger. It displays a "R"ead icon in addition to the "D"elivered icon.
    I have been reading some other forums and it appears VZW is blocking this capability. Which is surprising since it is part of the SMS standard. I use to work for Ericsson developing SMS code for CDMA phones.
    This could be incorrect but I did read this on another forum.
    12-16-08 12:55 PM
    I get it off of more than just VZW carriers, also normally when i send it I don't get the D back right away. for example if I send my girl a text (she is not on verizon) I get a D back when she reads it, sometimes right away, sometimes a few hours. but we've tested it and it's only when she reads it.

of course some people i sms I don't get the D on, and some I do. not sure exactly how that works :/
    12-16-08 12:56 PM
    I have been reading some other forums and it appears VZW is blocking this capability. Which is surprising since it is part of the SMS standard. I use to work for Ericsson developing SMS code for CDMA phones.
    This could be incorrect but I did read this on another forum.
    What you were reading was correct. earlier this year VZW was doing away with the D, but Though better of it after a lot of customer feedback
    12-16-08 01:12 PM
    I seriously doubt that the equipment in place could stand to double it's capacity over night by sending an additional message back to the sender.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD