i've had a curve 8330 for about a year and i'm noticing that dust is starting to collect behind the screen. (there appears to be a small space in between the actual display screen and the clear plastic that covers it and sits flush with the send & end buttons - you guys know what i mean?) anyway, anyone got any ideas on how to clean it out?

thanks!
    08-01-09 07:47 PM
    you'll have to dismantle everything. and by everything i mean you have to take the casing off, all the way down to the motherboard. if you can live with it, just leave it.
    08-01-09 08:02 PM
    The only way is to take the case apart and blow the dust out with some canned air.

Opening the case technically voids the warranty though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 08:04 PM
    that's what i was afraid of. i tried blowing compressed air around the edges of the screen hoping that the air would find its way in the same way that the dust did, but it didn't work.

thanks for the superquick answers guys. i appreciate it.
    08-01-09 08:11 PM
    yeah there's a seal around the LCD and the display pane. and its stuck with glue. i didn't bohther gluing mine back, and i really can only see the dust if the screen is off on mine
    08-01-09 08:11 PM
    I cleaned mine this morning, took me all of 10 minutes. You don't have dismantle "everything" You simply remove the front cover (bezel). There is no seal between the front bezel and the LCD.

I did not use canned air. I used soft bristled brush to remove the dust on the LCD and the inside part of the bezel. Looks brand new now.
    Last edited by Mitch R.; 08-14-09 at 09:36 PM.
    08-14-09 09:33 PM
    If you take it to a Verizon store won't they do this for you so it doesn't void the warranty? Sorry if I'm wrong
    08-14-09 10:04 PM
    do u know where to get cheap screen savers
    08-15-09 01:52 AM
    do u know where to get cheap screen savers
    Ebay really cheep $2 to $3 inc shipping for 3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 05:07 AM
    I have dust on the back of my front plastic cover as well as sitting on the actual LCD screen inside. Does BB cover this under warranty as obviously dust should not be getting inside the screen?
    08-17-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD