This is how to change the color of your trackball!
    cost-$0
    time-10-15min
    and its safe!

I�m sure there are a ton of different ways to change the trackball color in your blackberry, but this is the way I found to be the easiest and safest for your BB. If you do this right there should be no reason why your BB shouldn�t work after or in the future. Here is how to do it�

Supplies you will need�

-Tape�doesn�t really matter what kind just as long as it is somewhat transparent
    -Scissors
    -Tweezers or small eye glass flat-head screw driver
    -Sharpie�the sharpie is for the color you want your trackball to be so just find the color you like

Step one
    Take your trackball out. It should be fairly easy but to do it get your tweezers or whatever you are using and gently put in the outside of the round holder the trackball is in and GENTLY wedge it open. There are three little prongs holding it in place. Once that�s out the just lightly tap your BB upside down and the trackball should fall out. REMEMBER: when you put the trackball back in there is a piece of metal or contact point on the back of the track ball that should face towards the keyboard. There is really only 2 ways to put the trackball back in you will see when it just falls into place but anyway back to the color change�

Step two
    Now the trackball is out and the phone is on and lit up, you should see where the track ball sits are two tiny LED�s on both sides. Those are what light up the trackball. What you need to do is get your tape and cut a very tiny square that will cover each LED, and when I say small, you have to fit this piece of tape on top of the LED so it covers it but also doesn�t get in the way of anything else. You will need 2 tiny squares cut out but I would do them one at a time.

Step Three
    Now after you have cut your squares you need to color with your sharpie the side that IS NOT STICKY! Color it whatever color you chose you want your trackball to light up as. Then with your tweezers and the sticky side facing down, patiently put the little piece of tape on top of the LED�s inside your BB, when you have the tape in place gently press to make sure the tape has stuck to LED. Remember if at anytime you want to change the color you can just get the tweezers and pull the tape off and change it out.

Step Four
    Now put everything back together and you are set! The little bracket that hold the trackball in has three little prongs that should face down, what I mean is the middle one should face your BB keyboard. After that you are done. Now just try it out!

You now have a custom BB with color trackball that cost you absolutely nothing! And it is safe and easy to do! Post some pics of your new BB trackball and give me some feedback on how you like the way I changed my trackball and how yours looked after you did it to!

-Nick S.
    10-10-10 11:44 PM
    Good to know
    Or else one can just buy it for less then $5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 12:06 AM
    ya but like i said in my post its free lol!! why pay the 5 bucks or whatever when this is a quick and simple way to do it for free! also i am going to post some more tips and tricks you can do with your blackberry
    10-12-10 12:49 AM
    "Free" and at least 3 years old as a 'tip'.
    10-12-10 05:57 AM
    Here is a 2 part video on how to do it.
    Part 1
    YouTube - Blackberry Change Trackball Color
    Part 2
    YouTube - Blackberry Change Trackball Color (Part 2)

10-12-10 11:59 AM
    And your point? So what if its a 3 year old tip, I decided to tell people about it who may not no, and part 2 what's part 2 for if all the instructions are right here

10-12-10 07:24 PM
    Well the guy who made the video broke it up into 2 parts, and yeah I understand that you have all the instructions there but some people prefer a visual. Relax, I'm just trying to help.

10-12-10 08:41 PM
    ya but like i said in my post its free lol!! why pay the 5 bucks or whatever when this is a quick and simple way to do it for free! also i am going to post some more tips and tricks you can do with your blackberry
    True, only if I would have that much patience.

10-15-10 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD