Does anyone know if there is a way to change the profile on the BB Curve without going to the menu, just with a function on the keyboard?
    12-23-07 07:34 AM
    Use the trackball to highlight the Speaker/Profile Icon on the main screen and click the track ball. That will bring up the profile menu to change it.
    12-23-07 07:47 AM
    thx a lot : )
    12-23-07 08:14 AM
    If you turn off 'dial from home screen' you can just hit the 'f' key and that brings up the profiles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-07 07:19 PM
    Dialing from the home screen is a benefit for me.

I can't get my cursor to the speaker on the l-theme...any ideas for a quick silent if that's the case?

12-23-07 09:18 PM
    Dialing from the home screen is a benefit for me.

I can't get my cursor to the speaker on the l-theme...any ideas for a quick silent if that's the case?

That is a downfall ofth Dimesion L!!! No way around it other than th "F" suggestion !!!!
    12-23-07 09:32 PM
    That is a downfall ofth Dimesion L!!! No way around it other than th "F" suggestion !!!!
    or go into the sound profile using the icon for selecting your setting ex. Vibrate, Loud, Normal, Silent. then just go to the bottom and it says like advanced then u can create your own profile.
    12-23-07 09:56 PM
    Whether or not you can highlight the sound Icon is dependent on your theme that your using. If your using the tmobile zen theme highlighting the sound icon won't be an option. You will have to either change your theme or do it the hard way sorry.
    12-27-07 01:58 AM
    i never did try fooling around with creating my own profile...

something else to get me through 5 more hours of rigorous work!
    12-27-07 02:07 AM
    I am a noob with my BB (had it about a week now) and was looking at options for the very same thing as you. I found a place to change some of your hot key shortcuts (guess I will call them that). Anyhow, on the left side of my phone there is a black button with 3 ridged dots on it, just below the USB plug. It is set up for your PTT function, which I don't use. I was able to change that to go to my profiles.
    Hope that helps.
    12-27-07 03:57 AM
    i put it on my conveance key it works well
    12-27-07 08:43 AM
    I want to change the profile on my recently-purchased Curve with just one button. I was able to do this on my Pearl by pressing and holding the period key (I think that was it; don't have the Pearl in front of me). Doing so would toggle between vibrate and normal profiles. Is there any way to do this on the Curve??

EDIT: Actually, it was the # key. And holding down the * key would allow me to lock the keyboard. Any way these can be done w/o turning off home screen dialing?
    Last edited by IVIustang; 01-30-09 at 10:05 AM.
    01-30-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD