I've got an unlocked 8310 and I'd like to sell it to help pay for an upgrade to the 9700. The problem is, I won't have the 9700 until after I sell the 8310. Is there a way to backup my phone to DM and know that it will have ALL settings, , contacts, messages, passwords, etc, etc, etc so that I can import that to the 9700 when I get it?

Also, for any of you that can help...where is the best place to sell my phone? I'm in Orange County, CA and I'd prefer to sell it to a retail reseller instead of messing with eBay.

Thanks for any responses!
    12-13-09 02:50 AM
    use the DM to switch devices. and don't forget to wipe the memory before selling the device.
    12-13-09 08:26 AM
    Yes backing up will save your data ie. Contacts calander password keeper. Not sure of a retaler to buy your phone but you will get a better price on ebay if it is in good shape. Sprint has a buy back program but they don't give you much. Weigh how much you will make against keeping it for a spare.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 09:26 AM
    use the DM to switch devices. and don't forget to wipe the memory before selling the device.
    Times are tough right now and I need to have the money in hand from the sale before I can buy the new phone. This makes it difficult to "switch devices" when the 8310 will be gone before I have the 9700. Any suggestions?

12-13-09 03:50 PM
    Do a complete backup with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and take note of exactly where you save the backup file so you will know where it is when you get your new device. This will backup all the data on the device except for the third party applications.

Then follow the instructions for backing up your third party applications and again take particular note of where the files are and move them to a safe place on your computer.

Then when you get you new device. Do a restore to restore the device data. And then use the Application Loader and follow the instructions on restoring your third party applications.
    12-13-09 04:21 PM
    Thanks Motorcycle Mama!

12-13-09 05:04 PM
    I'm still new to all the technical aspects of my bb - even though I've had it for some time, but the easiest thing for me was to just use my USB connection to back up my bb files onto my external drive. Isn't that good enough?

Thanks
    12-13-09 09:50 PM
    No, it's isn't.

That will not backup the data in the Device Memory.
    12-14-09 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD