Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How can I manage my contacts on PC

Is there any way to download my contacts and manage, add, change, modify etc my address book on my PC, adding and changing is a pain on the BB if you have a lot to add.

My roommate asked me the same question last night. Someone on here knows if it is possible or not. Give it a little bit and you will get an answer...
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he did not exist...
  3. SK1
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts

If you're using Outlook, you can manage all your contacts from there and sync them to your blackberry via the desktop manager.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts

sync whatever program your using from within your Destop Manager to your BB (I use Outlook) you obviously have to be connected to PC to do this.

then edit on your PC...... everytime you connect to PC and sync it will update.

You can choose option, I will paraphrase, when your setting up sync settings. "2 way device to pc, pc to device"

so basically everything thats updated on pc will sync to device and vice versa

*Sk1 must have beat me to the punch while I was typing, apologies for double post*

peace.....
    Last edited by Castor Troy; 05-25-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: question already answered
    CrackBerry User

Vista comes with ms contacts and it works ok

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN

I sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook. Its the easiest way IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

Is it possible to "sync" the contacts in gmail? And then essentially have the same list of contact there and on the phone.
  8. forumsid987

you can download your address book from gmail to outlook, that'll sync with your blackberry.

just use outlook w/pop or imap to your gmail account.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,338 Global Posts

outlook is the best way to go!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    sync whatever program your using from within your Destop Manager to your BB (I use Outlook) you obviously have to be connected to PC to do this.

then edit on your PC...... everytime you connect to PC and sync it will update.

You can choose option, I will paraphrase, when your setting up sync settings. "2 way device to pc, pc to device"

so basically everything thats updated on pc will sync to device and vice versa

*Sk1 must have beat me to the punch while I was typing, apologies for double post*

peace.....
    The paraphrashing was understood - and it worked! Thanks homie!
  11. j7d
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: How can I manage my contacts on PC

Are you saying that there is no blackberry software to manage contacts? THat is an extreme oversight on RIMs part. Outlook is $139
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,283 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B681AED

Default Re: How can I manage my contacts on PC

Not an oversightat all. Majority of computer users have some sort of pim on thwir compuyer as it is. Why include sometging rhat tou alreasy havw. For thw poor, use windows contacts. Free with windows.

Eitherway, do some research.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    -= Back in Black =-
    Sorry I left you for 3 months.........