Hi im a super uber noob i got my bb 8330 last night installed the software that came with it and i cant transfer any of my music over. can sum1 either link me a guide or a place to make my own ring tones? any help would be great!!
    12-02-08 10:20 AM
    do you have a micro sd card?
    12-02-08 10:21 AM
    not yet but i cant get the roxio blackberry program that came with the phone's software to work.
    12-02-08 10:34 AM
    Hi im a super uber noob i got my bb 8330 last night installed the software that came with it and i cant transfer any of my music over. can sum1 either link me a guide or a place to make my own ring tones? any help would be great!!
    I don't even have the bb software installed on my computer. I plug the USB cord in, the curve asks me if I want to enable mass storage mode, I select yes on the bb. Then it acts like a regular ole usb flash drive/harddrive. Drag and drop your MP3s into the music folder (i.e., like: E:/Blackberry/music).

HTH,
    mike
    12-02-08 10:42 AM
    Well if your asking to make ringtones with your bb I don't think that's possible yet. But if your asking to make your own ring tones there's a bunch of ways. The easiest way to make ring tones is using mobile17.com. But the quality is iffy. Sometimes they come clear and some times they don't. If you want you can try to find a free audio editing software to let you cut and save the parts that you want as a ringtone and getting a mp3 converter to conevert wma files to mp3s so you can save more space on your bb or media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 02:13 PM
    I'll try using my bb as a flash drive when I get home and see if that works. Thx.
    12-02-08 02:49 PM
    I know there is a way with the roxio software and such. I did it when I first got my pearl. In factt I read it somewhere here I just cant find it right at this moment
    12-03-08 09:15 PM
    Get a program named Audacity , u can load a music file from your library cut & save the part you want then download to BB thru download manager
    12-04-08 12:07 AM
    1). Get a Media Card before you do anythng else. This is essential.
    2). Get Audacity and LAME from here Audacity: Download
    Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?
    3). Keep ringtones below 1Mb in size for speed.
    4). Encode them at 96Kbps so that you get mre of the tune in less space. 96 kbps is adequate for a ringtone.

With the Media Card installed, goto Options, Media Card and set
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: None - unless you are paranoid
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

For information on Media Cards, read the link on microSD cards in my signature
    12-04-08 01:35 AM
    Do you use mobile17 personally? I was looking for an app or desktop software to help me create my own ringtones. Roxio acts like it's mentally incapable of thinking for itself.

12-04-08 09:16 AM
    Another cool program is cool edit pro you can edit and save music and increase the volume of the music too

12-04-08 12:26 PM
    I've been using myxer.com for a while to make ringtones and wallpapers for my previous phones (LG and Motorola) and now my BlackBerry too.
    12-04-08 12:43 PM
    I have always used sony acid pro.

12-04-08 12:46 PM
    Yea myxertones.com does a great job. If access it from ur computer u can take songs right from ur itunes, pic the part of song u want, crop it, and then it sends u the cropped song via txt. U can set it as ur ringtone after that.
    Otherwise if u access it thru ur berry u can just download ringtones right to ur phone that other ppl have made, they have a ton of songs. Idk if u can edit songs that u have on ur bb via the mobile version, I havnt tried. Possibly?

12-04-08 01:58 PM
    Definitely agree with strickler and vomviersen!
    myxertones.com (it changes to myxer.com after you type it in, you can do either) is AMAZING and works like a charm! Definitely recommend this then all the other options.
    12-04-08 02:57 PM
    2). Get Audacity and LAME from here 3). Keep ringtones below 1Mb in size for speed.
    4). Encode them at 96Kbps so that you get mre of the tune in less space. 96 kbps is adequate for a ringtone.

Now when you connect your phone to the PC (provided DM is installed). The phone will prompt you to enable Mass Storage Mode. Select Yes and the Media Card will show up in My Computer as a new disk and then you can Drag 'n Drop your files to the correct places on the Media Card.

Just joined after I got my first Crackberry and I must say this is one of the best forums I've ever visited. In saying that, Pete6, what if my 8330 doesn't come with a DM (not sure where you're located, but I'm with Bell Canada). Is the only way to download ringtones whether created or taken from this site is via E-mail??

sk
    12-19-08 04:58 PM
    Myxertones has always been a great alternative for making your own ringtones. just upload a song onto its applet and pick where you want the ringtone to start and where you want it to end. the only downside is that the tone can only be 1 min. long
    12-19-08 06:22 PM
    makeownringtone.com works very well for me. It's super easy and has an easy interface, but pretty much any site like that would work.
    12-19-08 09:45 PM
    makeownringtone web site. just upload from ur music files and send it via email of txt to ur fone it also makes the rt as loud as poss without distortion. BTW the roxio media on DM is hideously slow
    12-20-08 08:26 AM
    On Myxertones site Is there a charge for making and sending your own music file ??/
    02-13-09 10:38 PM
    Fix the options on any song with itunes > convert selection to aac> drag and drop into ringtones folder or use roxio and drop it thru there to convert the file to mp3

02-14-09 12:33 AM
    I edit videos, so I open up the song I want in Sony Vegas. (I'm sure Windows Movie Maker would work to). I clip the part of the song I want, and than I save it as an audio file. Then I plug in my BalckBerry, and when it asks that thing like about media or whatever press "Yes". You than go down (on your desktop) to "Open Folder To View Files". I open "BlackBerry" than "Ringtones", than I just drag my song there. Than I unplug, go to "Media" on my berry, and go "Explore" i than go "Ringtones" and after you open it from there, it will show up in your "My Ringtones" section. They come out really good quality. I do the same for wallpapers.
    02-14-09 09:51 AM
    02-14-09 09:59 AM
    I use tonethis.com they have a free program or you can get the pro edition (no advertisements) a gal at verizon told us about it and it works great
    02-14-09 10:48 AM
    2). Get Audacity and LAME from here *snip, I'm not allowed to post links yet*
    3). Keep ringtones below 1Mb in size for speed.

^^^Ditto, Audacity is an excellent free program. You can do A LOT, but it works well for doing ringtones.

Just remember you can only do unprotected songs. Songs that have DRM protection will not work. You'll have to strip that off using a program like Tunebite. But that's another story.
    02-14-09 12:54 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD