I have a BlackBerry Curve 8320 on T-Mobile. I am going on a trip tomorrow and want to use it as an mp3 player, so I go into my PocketMac Sync Manager and sync a play list (containing 76 songs) onto my Curve. It takes a while, and when it is finished I go on my phone and check to see if it transferred. It looks a little something like this:
    *SONG TITLE* 0:00
    (Unknown) (unknown)

Only one of my songs actually will play! I have tried syncing it multiple times, but the same problem is recurring. Any way I can fix this for tomorrow's trip?
    03-25-09 08:52 PM
    If you have a media card you can just do this options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc)

You can try to see if this gives better results.......
    03-25-09 08:57 PM
    Have you tried dragging and dropping between the computer and the BB?
    03-25-09 08:57 PM
    If you have a media card you can just do this options>media card>mass storage mode support = ON. Once you have done that its as simple as plugging in the device (via the USB cord) and dragging and dropping what you wish to and from the BB/PC. Treat it like you would any other flash/removable drive. Browse "my computer" and look for blackberry listed as one of the drives (where you see C:, D:, E: etc)

I have all that on... and I am on a Mac, so I don't know what C: D: or E: are ._.

Is it able to be fixed by removing the Micro SD card?

And wnm, I have tried that, but it does not work D:
    03-25-09 09:01 PM
    I see well time for me to step aside I cant spell MAC (do not own one) so I hope someone can give you better advice...... Good luck with this issue and have a safe trip.......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-25-09 at 09:26 PM.
    03-25-09 09:04 PM
    Are you trying to use mp3 files or are they acc? Acc files are for ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 09:24 PM
    Are you trying to use mp3 files or are they acc? Acc files are for ipod.

I don't know...
    I am syncing directly from iTunes... I think they are mp3s...
    03-25-09 09:26 PM
    Hubby has a mac and pocketmac is useless!! we bought a memory card reader--you can get one just for micro cards if you want--and that works. Plug into usb and move songs on to it. Thats the only way we found!! I have pc--no problem with that--new media sync works great. It is soon to be out for mac-but not out yet. Till then--the card reader works!!
    03-25-09 09:30 PM
    Hubby has a mac and pocketmac is useless!! we bought a memory card reader--you can get one just for micro cards if you want--and that works. Plug into usb and move songs on to it. Thats the only way we found!! I have pc--no problem with that--new media sync works great. It is soon to be out for mac-but not out yet. Till then--the card reader works!!
    Gosh =[
    So I guess phone AND iPod for the trip =[[
    03-25-09 09:34 PM

My BB_8310 Curve supports mp3 audio format. I beleive itunes supports (MPEG-4). If you have itunes , you will probably have to convert your MPEG-4 file to mp3. Find out what your BB supports first. Also make sure you dont just pull your BB without disconnecting it the right way. there should be a tray icon showing your your device and disconnect it from there. I made that mistake myself and disconnected it by pulling the device and lo and behold, I opened up my music app and it showed "No Songs" and then I went to my videos and "No videos".....so.....I hope my 2 cents worth helped you
    03-25-09 10:48 PM

This is the fastest method I have discovered, too. It took me forever to realize it could be done this way. I noticed that when you do it this way, you are not prompted to convert using optimized settings... is there really much difference in the quality if you do not do this?
    03-26-09 12:20 AM
    Except he is on a Mac, and there is no "My Computer" to browse...

Drag and drop is the simplest way to do it, with a caveat regarding content you have purchased from the iTunes store.

In iTunes, pick one of the songs you want, right click, then click Get Info. The window that pops up will tell you what type of file it is. If you have purchased content the music is going to be AAC, and protected.

Your BB will play AAC files just fine, but will not play protected iTunes content, as that only plays on an Apple-approved media device (iPod, iPhone, AppleTV).

That solution is to use the "analog hole", and since the RIAA says it breaks the DMCA, and probably violates CB rules, I will not elaborate.

But.. Google is your friend
    03-26-09 12:48 AM
    Gosh =[
    So I guess phone AND iPod for the trip =[[
    NO--I did not mention ipod. I said mac (computer). Put card in reader--plug into computer, drop and drag files to card, take card out of reader, put card back in phone, listen to music!!!! No ipod involved!! Blackberries are not mac friendly--
    03-26-09 06:12 AM
    I think itunes uses aac or aac+ and it's proprietary. I think you have to use a file converter to use itunes songs on some mp3 players. Isn't there a software app that syncs a BB with itunes? Maybe search around the forums for info. Can't remember where I saw that...sorry. Good luck.
    03-26-09 10:13 AM
    NO--I did not mention ipod. I said mac (computer). Put card in reader--plug into computer, drop and drag files to card, take card out of reader, put card back in phone, listen to music!!!! No ipod involved!! Blackberries are not mac friendly--

I think the OP was just saying that they were going to have to take their phone AND Ipod on the trip, and that's what they were trying to avoid in the first place.
    03-26-09 10:48 AM
    Did not realize that was the OP. Newegg has a 2gb micro card with a reader right now for under 8 bucks. Get that for next time. Once this mediasync comes out for mac, I think it will work. It totally syncs my pc with my itunes, playlists and all!!
    03-26-09 03:51 PM
    If the songs were purchased in iTunes, they are more than likely in m4p format, and not mp3. BB won't recognize this format, so you have to convert them to mp3. There is a (free) program called doubletwist that will do this, and automatically sync them to your BB.

I don't have ther link available, but just do a google search for 'doubletwist' and you will find it.

Hope that helps...

03-26-09 04:28 PM
    If the songs were purchased in iTunes, they are more than likely in m4p format, and not mp3. BB won't recognize this format, so you have to convert them to mp3. There is a (free) program called doubletwist that will do this, and automatically sync them to your BB.

I don't have ther link available, but just do a google search for 'doubletwist' and you will find it.

Hope that helps...

I always use the Blackberry desktop manager for adding music or video to my BB_8310. The good thing about this application is that before you transfer the music or video, once you click on the "copy down" button, you will get a popup with three options to choose from (Convert to optimum playback,Copy with no conversion,advance conversion options). The first option is probably the one you want to use for music and video cause this option will automatically convert your audio or video files so that they are compatible with your BB......hopes this helps in some way...............
    03-26-09 04:44 PM
    The nice thing about using doubleTwist is you can also use it to sync to your PSP, your kid's Samsung, your ipod and send to your other computers. Lots o' functionality with out the need for multiple applications and utilities.
    03-26-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD