I want to delete the default ringtones so I can have more space to transfer ringtones from my PC to the blackberry curve. I'm wondering if this is possible.
    01-30-08 10:06 AM
    I believe it is, with a lot of work. It's not just a case of finding it, and deleting it. These items are 'locked'...

Do a search on here, I'm 100% sure we have a thread on this. I've not looked lately, sorry...
    01-30-08 11:32 AM
    Yeah I have been looking for this all over the place and haven't found anything to really help me get started.
    01-30-08 04:46 PM
    I was wondering the same thing about the ringtones and fave five icons.
    02-25-09 12:31 AM
    MyFaves icons can be removed using CrackMem.
    02-25-09 06:29 AM
    Yep wnm is right, crackmem can do this...
    02-25-09 06:41 AM
    On you r computer, go to
    My Computer
    Local Disk (C)
    Program Files
    Common Files
    Research In Motion
    Shared
    Loader Files
    [Your Device]
    Java

Then this folder holds all of the locked "cod" files that make you BlackBerry tick Create a new folder called "Removed Modules" within that Java folder amongst the cod files. Next, find the cod file

net_rim_bb_media_320x240_b.cod (the '320x240' may differ depending on device)

Move that cod file into the "Removed Modules" folder. It is important that you do not delete it, but rather move it into the folder. That should take care of the Preloaded Media Files.

Now, start you Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader, do not check or uncheck any boxes, instead, just press Next and the respective cod file should show up for removal.

Do not worry if you should make a mistake because since you placed the cod file into the "Removed Modules" folder instead of deleting it, you can always go and retrieve it later if you should want to.
    02-25-09 08:59 PM
    Crackmem can do that sometimes, Crackutil gives you more control over files you can delete all the crap you don't want from your device.
    12-07-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD